Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection (IBPS) is all set to conduct Common Written Examination for recruitment of Probationary Officers. IBPS PO Exam 2013 is scheduled to be held on 19 October 2013, 20 October 2013, 26 October 2013, and 27 October 2013. The common written examination includes 5 sections comprising General Awareness, English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Computer Knowledge.
The General Awareness (GA) Section of IBPS PO Exam that will comprise 40 questions from topics like money, banking, economics, etc., is quite a challenging but can be highly scoring if prepared well. To prepare comprehensively for GA section, banking aspirant would have to have a right preparation strategy and an all-inclusive study material. Here, Jagranjosh provides a one-stop solution for it by offering “IBPS PO Exam 2013: General Awareness Study Material (E Book)”, which is a perfect blend of all the policies, programmes, latest updations in economy, important banking news, economy news and corporate affairs in chapter-wise format.
Chapter : Economy & Business
Government approved denotification of six SEZ projects
The Union Government of India on 30 August 2013 approved denotification of Six Special Economic Zones (SEZs) projects, including one textile sector and five IT SEZs. The decision was taken during a meet of the Board of Approval (BoA) headed by Commerce Secretary SR Rao.
- The BoA also considered four new proposals for establishing SEZ with a total investment of over 6451 crore rupees after they approached the Government to develop new zones.
- Out of the four, only two proposals were cleared, while the other two were deferred for the next meeting pending certain clarifications.
Air India Launched Direct Flights to Australia after 22 Years
Air India launched its direct flights to Sydney and Melbourne on 29 August 2013, after a wide gap of 22 years. With this, Air India connected the two continents.
RBI introduced Forex Swap Window for Oil Companies
Reserve Bank of India on 28 August 2013 has decided to open a forex swap window to meet the entire daily dollar requirements of three public sector oil marketing companies (IOC, HPCL and BPCL). The decision was taken based on the assessment of current market conditions.
Under this Forex Swap Facility Reserve Bank will undertake sell/buy of USD-INR forex swaps for fixed tenor with the oil marketing companies through a designated bank. The swap facility gets operationalized with immediate effect and will remain in place until further notice.
The decision will help in reducing the volatility in the rupee market that has continuously fallen weak against dollar in past few months, reaching to the market value of 68.82 against US dollar.
India’s GDP Dropped to 4.4 Percent
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of India decelerated even more to 4.4 percent, the slowest rate of expansion in 4 years, i.e., since 2008 economic meltdown. The GDP growth stood at 4. 4 percent in the first quarter (April-June) of the fiscal year 2013-14. The reason for this drop is poor performance of the manufacturing as well as mining sector.
CCI cleared stalled infra Projects worth 1.83 Lakh Crore
The Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI) on 26 August 2013 cleared 36 projects worth 1.83 lakh crore rupees in power and other infrastructure sectors which were stalled on account of regulatory hurdles. The projects were cleared to boost Investment and accelerate growth in the country.
- The projects are across five key infrastructure sectors of power, roads, ports, cement and petroleum.
- The projects approved by the CCI include 18 power projects with an investment of 83772 crore rupees and nine other non-power projects with a total outlay of over 14084 crore rupees.
- Nine other infrastructure projects reviewed by the CCI involved an investment of over 85000 crore rupees.
- The big projects that have been cleared by the CCI include Reliance Power’s 4000 MW Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) at Sasan in Madhya Pradesh, L&T’s Metro Rail project, Hindalco Industries’ project and Essar Power’s Jharkhand project.
- GMR Kishangarg Express way, JAS Infra and Power, Utkal Alumina, Athena Chhattisgarh Power and Essar Power’s Tori-I power plant were the other projects which were reviewed.
Number of Foreign Tourists in India increased in 2012
As per the data released by Ministry of Tourism on 26 August 2013, the number of foreign tourists visiting India has shown a steady increase in the past three years.
- The number of foreign tourist visits has increased to 207.31 lakh in 2012 as compared to 194.97 lakh in 2011 and 179.10 lakh during 2010. This shows an increase of almost 16 per cent in the past two years.
- The highest number of foreign tourists inflow was recorded in Maharashtra at 51.20 lakh followed by Tamilnadu at 35.62 lakh and Delhi at 23.46 lakh in the year 2012.
The above concept is taken from IBPS PO Exam 2013: General Awareness: Study Material-Current (E Book).