IIM Calcutta: Summer Placements 2015 concluded
IIM Calcutta summer placements for the year 2015 has been concluded. In less than 3 days time, 453 students got placed.
IIM Calcutta concluded summer placements for the year 2015. In less than 3 days time, 453 students got placed. IIM Calcutta is one college which never disappoints when it comes to placing its students. It has been consistently performing well and has kept breaking its own record every year. Needless to say, things keep improving with every passing year.
What all happened in IIM Calcutta at Summer Placements 2015:
- The Summer Placement process concluded in record time of 2.6 days placing 453 students. It is one of the largest batches across all IIMs.
- More than 250 firms had confirmed participation at IIM Calcutta this year, but only 140 firms could make offers due to the process ending ahead of schedule. This in itself tells the level of demand IIM Calcutta student have.
- A phenomenal 378 offers were made in Slot 0 (which consists of Day 0 and Day 1) an all-time record across the IIMs.
- More than 45% offers came from Finance and Consulting – the largest recruiters. 25% offers came from Finance while 20% offers came from Consulting. Bullish hiring by the finance firms has helped IIM Calcutta solidify its position as “The Finance campus of India”
- 38 offers were made by McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain & Company and A.T. Kearney, the highest in the last 3 years
- Firms making the highest number of offers included: Amazon (22), Accenture (17), BCG (15), Alshaya (13)
- Moelis & Co, Roland Berger and Alvarez & Marsal were the prominent new recruiters this time. CEB, Moelis & Co, Decimus Financial, etc. hired exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
- There were 25% women who participated in the placement process
- The placement process was carried out for the PGP and PGDCM programmes and batch of 2016.
- Amazon made the highest number of offers viz. 22