Question: Do I need to FREEZE seat for IITs-ISM in 3rd Round?
Answer: In the third (3rd) round of seat acceptance during 19-21 July, 2015, if candidates come for "freezing" from "float" and "slide" options to retain IIT seats, they will be allowed to do so until 21 July 2015, 5:00 pm. Those Candidates who had given NITs, IIITs or Other-GFTs as higher CHOICES than IITs but have an IIT seat allotted in the third (3rd) round and want to retain it (IIT seat) MUST go physically to any of the reporting IITs and FREEZE the IIT seat. Otherwise, candidates may be upgraded to other than IIT seat in the fourth round (that means they lose the IIT seat) which is exclusively for NON-IITs except Preparatory Candidates. However, if candidates with only IITs as higher choices and obtained an IIT seat in third (3rd) round come for freezing (which is optional form them, without reporting also it gets automatically FREEZE on 21st July, because they don't have any other NON-IITs option in the higher choices than the obatained one), zonal IITs may accept and do it so that the candidates can also print their "PROVISIONAL ADMISSION LETTER" now itself without waiting until the completion of the third (3rd) round.
Question: What are the documents required for seat acceptance at reporting centre for IITs-ISM ?
Answer: After allotment of a seat at any IITs-ISM, candidate MUST GO PHYSICALLY to any one of the Reporting Centres (any one of the seven zonal IITs, viz., IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee) alongwith the following documents:
- One copy of Provisional Seat Allocation letter [to be downloaded from the JoSAA portal].
- Original receipt of proof of payment for seat acceptance fee of Rs.45,000 (for GEN, OBC-NCL and Foreign) OR Rs.20,000 (for SC, ST, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD) in State Bank of India using E-Challan [to be downloaded from the JoSAA portal].
- Filled-up Undertaking by the candidate [as per Annexure 9 given in JoSAA website].
- Duly certified original medical report [as per Annexure 8 given in JoSAA website].
- Two Passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Original and one photocopy of Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2015.
- Original and one attested photocopy of Birth certificate or equivalent original certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Original and one attested photocopy of Certificate as proof of Name [to tally with the entry in JoSAA database] (example: Marksheet or Certificate of Xth Exam).
- Original and one attested photocopy of Category (SC / ST) certificate, if applicable, in the format given in JoSAA website (Issued by competent authority).
- Original and one attested photocopy of Certificate of category of OBC-NCL (central list of NCBC), if applicable, is to be issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format given in JoSAA website and should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to Non Creamy Layer. The certificate should have been issued after 1st June, 2014.
- Original and one attested photocopy of valid Disability certificate (if applicable) for PwD candidates.
- Original and one photocopy of valid Nationality certificate/document/passport (if applicable) for candidates with nationality as Foreign, OCI and PIO card holders.
- Original and one photocopy of valid Class XII marks sheet.
Along with above original certificates, candidates are advised to bring the following,a. Printout of locked choices and terms and conditions taken from the JoSAA website and duly signed by the candidate.b. One set of self-attested copies of all the documents listed above. The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained by the Reporting Centre.
Question: Do I need to pay any fee at the time of seat acceptance?
Answer: YES. At the time of seat acceptance, you have to remit (by E-challan mode of payment at State Bank of India, any brach) seat acceptance fee. This fee amount is Indian rupees Rs. 45,000 (Rupees Forty five thousand only) for GEN, OBC-NCL or Foreign candidates and Indian rupees Rs. 20,000 (Rupees Twenty thousand only) for SC, ST, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD candidates. This seat acceptance fee will be adjusted against the admission fee of the admitting institute. If you do not pay seat acceptance fee, the seat allotted to you will be cancelled. Proof in the form of ORIGINAL E-challan counterfoil stamped by bank (SBI any branch) need to be produced at the Reporting Centre (RC) at the time of seat acceptance.
Question: What are the meaning of the terms 'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' ?
Answer: These three options allow a candidate to either retain the seat allocated or to opt for a change in seat as per candidate's preference in any of the institutes or in the same institute in which the seat is allocated.
- Freezing: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that they are content with the allocated academic program and that they do not want to participate in further rounds of seat allocation. Such candidates will NOT be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- Floating: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better/higher preference in any Institute is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic program. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- Sliding: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better / higher preference is offered within the same Institute, they will accept it. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.