Applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Nationals for a challenging and inspiring career as Law officer (Group‘A’Gazetted Officer) in the rank of Assistant Commandant (Law) at pay scale of Rs.15,600-39,100 with Grade Pay Rs.5400/- in The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.The Indian Navy is a well balanced and cohesive three dimensional force, capable of operating above, on and under surface of the oceans efficiently safeguarding our national interests.
• Opening Date of Submission of Online Applications: 14 March 2014
• Closing Date of Submission of Online Applications: 22 March 2014
Details of Course
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant (Law)
No.of Posts: 04 (Four).
A Degree in Law with minimum 60% marks. (Three years degree in Law after graduation) or (Five years after 10+2 examination)
Age Limit & Relaxation
• Candidate should be born between 01 Jul 1984 to 30 Jun 1993 (both dates inclusive).
• The Upper Age Limit for OBC/SC/ST is relaxable as per Govt.of India rules in vogue.
Pay Band PB–3 and Pay Scale of Rs.15,600/-to Rs.39,100/-plus Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/- Per Month. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
How to Apply
• Application will be accepted ONLINE only from 14 March 2014 to 22 March 2014. Candidates are to log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for filling up the online application.
• On successful submission of the online application a Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. The filled Application Form, with the number generated will be available to the candidate to save and take a print.
• Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre.
• Out of the two copies one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e.class 10th certificate/showing date of birth, 12th class certificate, Graduation Degree certificate, Law Degree certificate and mark sheets of all classes and degree showing percentage of marks and caste certificate wherever required duly attested by the Gazetted Officer shall also be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the recruitment procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
• For the details of Eligibility Criteria and other Terms and Conditions related to the post, the candidate can go through the link below.
• Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
• Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test. The medium of aptitude test will be English language only and will be objective type.
• The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection.The date and venue for Final Selection Board will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Final Selection will consist of Psychologist test,Group Tasks and Interview (Personality test).