Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) invited applications from young Doctorates/Post-Graduates for selection for 20 posts of Research Associates and Research Fellows. Eligible candidates can send the application forms before 31 May 2015.
Last date of submission of application: 31 May 2015
Details of Post
- Research Associates: 5 posts
- Research Fellows: 15 posts
- Research Associates: Candidate should have a doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, Oceanography, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject.He/she should be well acquainted in computer programming, Linux etc. and have publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Research Fellows: Candidate should have completed A M.Sc./M.S. in Meteorology, Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as subject. The students with M.Tech. (Atmospheric Sciences) are also eligible to apply. Candidates appeared for final year of M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks upto 3rd semester but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Sc./M.S./ M.Tech. examination as evidence by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. under the guidance of research scientists of the Institute. Candidates should have studied Physics & Mathematics at Bachelors degree.
- Research Associates: 35 years
- Research Fellows: 28 years
- Research Associates: Rs. 36,000/-p.m. plus admissible HRA
- Research Fellows: Rs.25,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can submit their applications along with their CV online http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers before 31 May 2015.