JEE Advanced Syllabus Physics
JEE Advanced 2014 Syllabus is for the candidates who wil appear in the JEE Advanced 2014 Exam. Candidates must read and refer to Syllabus of JEE Advanced to strengthen the subjects and their topics upon which questions would be asked in the examination.
JEE ADVANCED SYLLABUS - 2014
SUBJECT - PHYSICS
- Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis.
- Least count, significant figures; Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining to the following experiments: Experiments based on using Vernier calipers and screw gauge (micrometer).
- Determination of g using simple pendulum, Young's modulus by Searle's method, Specific heat of a liquid using calorimeter, focal length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using u-v method, Speed of sound using resonance column, Verification of Ohm's law using voltmeter and ammeter, and specific resistance of the material of a wire using meter bridge and post office box.
- Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian co-ordinates only); Projectiles; Uniform Circular Motion; Relative Velocity.
- Newton's laws of motion; Inertial and uniformly accelerated frames of reference; Static and dynamic friction; Kinetic and potential energy; Work and power; Conservation of linear momentum and mechanical energy.
- Systems of particles; Centre of mass and its motion; Impulse; Elastic and inelastic collisions.
- Law of gravitation; Gravitational potential and field; Acceleration due to gravity; Motion of planets and satellites in circular orbits; Escape velocity.
- Rigid body, moment of inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorems, moment of inertia of uniform bodies with simple geometrical shapes; Angular momentum; Torque; Conservation of angular momentum; Dynamics of rigid bodies with fixed axis of rotation; Rolling without slipping of rings, cylinders and spheres; Equilibrium of rigid bodies; Collision of point masses with rigid bodies. .....