Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden & Research Institute (JNTBGRI) invited applications for the posts of Scientist E1, Scientist C, Scientist B and Librarian. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format along with other necessary documents on or before 15 October 2015.
Last Date of Application: 15 October 2015
JNTBGRI Vacancy Details:
Name of the Posts:
- Ethnopharmacology- 01 Post
- Phytochemistry- 01 Post
- Conservation Biology- 01 Post
- Horticulture & Garden Management- 01 Post
- Microbial Technology- 01 Post
- Angiosperm Taxonomy-01 Post
- Bamboo Biology-01 Post
- Commercial Micropropagation-01 Post
- Ethnopharmacology- 02 Posts
- Garden Management- 01 Post
- Microbial Technology- 01 Post
- Mushroom Taxonomy-01 Post
- Nursery Management-01 Post
- Phytochemistry-01 Post
- Phytopharmacology- 01 Post
- Plant Biotechnology- 01 Post
- Plant Ecology- 01 Post
Eligibility Criteria for JNTBGRI Various Jobs:
- Ethnopharmacology- MBBS/ BAM/BAMS with 10 years R & D/ teaching experience in the field of Ethnomedicinal research in survey, collection, inventory, documentation, preclinical studies, drug formulation, technology transfer; Experience in conducting classes/courses on Ayurveda, traditional knowledge and Ethnomedicine. Proficiency in Sanskrit, English, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.
- Phytochemistry- First class M.Sc in Chemistry/Biochemistry; Ph.D in Phytochemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry/Bio-analytical Chemistry/Chemistry/ Biotechnology; Five years post doctoral experience in natural product research/NMR spectroscopy evidenced by high impact peer reviewed publications; Experience in NMR and other spectroscopic techniques, structural elucidation of natural products.
- Conservation Biology- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany; 2 years post doctoral experience in the concepts of species conservation, inclusive of reproductive and seed biology.
- Horticulture & Garden Management- First class M.Sc in Agriculture/Horticulture; Ph.D in Agriculture/ Horticulture with specialization in Plant Pathology/Entomology; 2 years post doctoral research.
- Microbial Technology- First class M.Sc in any Biological Sciences; Ph.D in Microbiology/ Biotechnology with specialization in Microbial Technology/Molecular Microbiology; 2 years post doctoral experience in plant microbe interaction or molecular biology; competence in lab technologies like microbial culturing and identification.
- Angiosperm Taxonomy- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany.
- Bamboo Biology- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany.
- Commercial Micropropagation- First class M.Sc in Botany/Biotechnology; Ph.D in Botany/Biotechnology.
- Ethnopharmacology- First class M.Sc in Biotechnology; Ph.D in Biotechnology.
- Garden Management- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany with specialization in Pharmacognosy.
- Microbial Technology- First class M.Sc in any Biological Sciences; Ph.D in Microbiology/Biotechnology.
- Mushroom Taxonomy- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany.
- Nursery Management- First class M.Sc in Botany/Horticulture : Ph.D in Botany /Horticulture / Agronomy.
- Phytochemistry- First class M.Sc in Chemistry; Ph.D in Chemistry/ Phytochemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry.
- Phytopharmacology- First class M.Sc in Pharmacology/Biotechnology; Ph.D in Pharmacology/ Biotechnology.
- Plant Biotechnology- First class M.Sc in Biotechnology/ Botany ; Ph.D in Plant Biotechnology.
- Plant Ecology- First class M.Sc in Botany; Ph.D in Botany
- Librarian- First class MLIB; One year experience in digital library. Candidates with Ph.D will be preferred.
Selection Procedure for JNTBGRI Various Jobs:
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the interview/exam conducted by the organization.
How to Apply for JNTBGRI Various Jobs:
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format along with other necessary documents and send the applications to: The Director, Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden & Research Institute, Palode, Thiruvananthapuram 695562 so as to reach on or before 15 October 2015.