KVPY Aptitude Test 2019: The registration for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Aptitude Test that began on July 8, 2019, will end today. So, candidates have the last chance to apply for the test today, 20 August 2019. Interested candidates can apply online at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in, till 5 PM. KVPY aptitude test will be conducted on 3 November 2019. The test will be conducted in both Hindi and English languages at various examination centres across the country. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Aptitude Test is conducted every year by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) across the country with an aim to boost research and scientific zeal among the young minds.
How to Apply Online for KVPY Aptitude Test 2019?
- Visit the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
- Look for 'KVPY-2019 online application portal' and click on the activated links 'Click here' next to this text.
- Read all the instructions carefully and the put a tick mark on the confirmation disclaimer.
- Click on 'Login' button.
- Register yourself or enter your ID and password if you are already registered.
- After login, fill in all the required personal and academic details along with
- Upload your photograph, signature and other required documents
- Pay the online registration fee and click on submit button to close the application process.
- Yow will get registered for the KVPY Aptitude Test 2019.
What is KVPY?
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The programme was founded with an aim to get highly motivated students in line for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
KVPY aptitude test helps to identify students with exceptions research skills and encourage them to take up a career in the same. This is to ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
Eligibility for KVPY 2019
- Student must be currently enrolled in class 11 and class 12 in science subjects.
- Student must have secured atleast 75% in Class 10 exam in science and mathematics subjects.
- The scheme is also open for those who are in the first year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences namely B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students in the 2nd year in the Cambridge International Examination Board are also eligible to participate in the KVPY aptitude test.
Provisions for Selected Candidates
- For candidates who qualify the exam, the fellowship will be activated only if they pursue undergraduate course in basic science subjects with having secured minimum of 60% marks in the class 12 board exams.
- Class 11 students, if qualify the exam, will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp during the interim period of one year before the completion of their class 12 exams.
What is the Selection Procedure?
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an aptitude test and an interview round.
- Firstly, a merit list is prepared based on the students’ performance in the aptitude test and the shortlisted students are then called for an interview.
- The whole process of selection is screened by a committee set up at the Indian Institute of Science.
For receiving a fellowship of KVPY, both aptitude test and interview marks are considered.