Antonyms are an important aspect of English Vocabulary. As a potential MBA aspirant you should practice this exercise in order to crack your targeted management aptitude test. Here, we bring for you a set of questions and answers based on the latest pattern of the management entrance exams. This practice set will aid you in your preparation for the CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, SNAP, IBSAT, NMAT etc. exams.
Directions (1 - 10): In each of the following questions, the first word is given in capital letters followed by four other words, one of which is the antonym of the first word. Find the word.
|Ques 1||Ques 2||Ques 3||Ques 4||Ques 5||Ques 6||Ques 7||Ques 8||Ques 9||Ques 10|
1. Explanation: ‘Inveigh’ means speak or write about (something) with great hostility and hence ‘Compliment’ is the appropriate antonym.
2. Explanation: ‘Arrant’ means something complete or utter and hence ‘Incomplete’ is the appropriate antonym.
3. Explanation: ‘Malinger’ means pretending to be ill in order to escape duty or work and hence ‘Authentic’ is the appropriate antonym.
4. Explanation: ‘Assiduous’ means showing great care and perseverance and hence ‘Negligent’ is the appropriate antonym.
5. Explanation: ‘Tractable’ means a person or something easy to control or influence and hence ‘Uncontrollable’ is the appropriate antonym.
6. Explanation: ‘Impassive’ means not feeling or showing emotion and hence ‘Emotional’ is the appropriate antonym.
7. Explanation: ‘Facsimile’ means an exact copy; especially of written or printed material and hence ‘Original’ is the appropriate antonym.
8. Explanation: ‘Precarious’ means something uncertain and hence ‘Definite’ is the appropriate antonym.
9. Explanation: ‘Torpor’ means a state of physical or mental inactivity and hence ‘Lively’ is the appropriate antonym.
10. Explanation: ‘Plethora’ means large or excessive amount of something and hence ‘Scarcity’ is the appropriate antonym.
Kindly share this article with your friends and help them enhance their vocabulary as well.
Because someone has rightly said: “Sharing is Caring”
For more updates on Verbal Ability Questions, please visit this page