Office of the Additional Director General of Police (TAP) and Chairman Central Recruitment Board, Meghalaya Shillong invited applications for recruitment of 1456 various posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 1 April 2014.
Opening Date of Application Forms: 1 March 2014
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 1 April 2014
Name of Post
1. Sub-Inspector of Police: 120
2. Commandos/constables Male: 1200
3. Mechanics: 8
4. Buglers: 4
5. Armourers: 4
6. Signal/Communication Constables: 18
7. Drivers: 40
8. Followers (Only Males): 60
Total No. of Posts: 1456 Posts
• Candidate’s age should be between 21 to 27 years as on 1 January 2014 for post no. 1.
• Candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years as on 1 January 2014 for post no. 8.
• Candidate’s age should be between 18 to 21 years as on 1 January 2014 for remaining posts.
• Sub-Inspector of Police: Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized University.
• Commandos/Constable: 10th passed.
• Driver: 9th passed with valid HMV / LMV driving license issued by a competent authority.
• Mechanics: 10th passed with experience as mechanic in automobile.
• Signal/Communication Staff: 12th passed.
• Followers: 5th passed.
Candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of followings:
• Physical standards
• Medical Standard
• written tests
How to apply
• Interested candidates can apply through prescribed format.
• Dully filled in application form along with 4 recent passport size photographs, S.T./ S.C. Certificate, Age certificate as per HSLC/SSLC Certificates/Admit Cards or their equivalent certificate testifying the date of birth/age, Educational Qualification certificates and Additional qualification, if any should be sent to the District Superintendents of Police and Commandants of MLP Battalions and Principal, PTS Mawroh Shillong.