Work place is a place where a person works and produces outputs and results both for him/her and his/her organization. And a work place always asks for a smarter, a better and a convenient way of doing and managing things. Anyone who has perfect skill-sets, knowledge and confidence to do the proceedings right can take away the charge and do the work efficiently and effectively. Either of the gender, male or female, can work irrespective of the task assigned at the work place. The organizational culture and the perceived vision of people bring out such differences of discriminating or resenting women power at work place.
In some way it is true that men resent women power at work place due to some basic reasons that follow:
1. Feeling dishonored: Many men feel it be against their honor and prestige to work with a female or under a female boss. They get a feeling like they can’t be over-ruled by a women in the male dominant society by any means and so behave improper.
2. Physical & Mental weakness: In normal terms and social acceptance females are considered to be weak both physically as well as mentally as compared to men. So, this calls for resentment of women by men at work place. Men never consider women to be good managers at the work place which is also an unproved allegation.
3. Doubtful task handling and decision making capacity: Task making, decision making and performing is always doubted by men on women as at certain places they are done using mean languages and unpleasant tough environment.
4. Working in office, no field job: It is almost in all the cases that women are preferred and taken as well for office job and not field job or open marketing profiles because even the firms consider them not to be compatible enough.
Looking at the statement the other way out, women have created huge mark and a very significant impact on the society in recent times proving themselves to be best in almost every sector and going head to head with men in all respect. But it has been observed that women themselves most of the times underestimate and undermine themselves due to:
1. Self-disbelief: Women are not weak in any regards and respect and they are always exposed to an equal amount of opportunity in the open market but it is the women themselves who think they are weak and incapable to perform certain tasks that they find and think to be done by men only.
2. Trend and tradition: It has become a trend now to consider women not capable enough in the tradition that we have been following focused on the myth of ours’ being a male dominant society. So, this provides an automatic setback to women and it’s because of these constraints that they themselves become hindrance in their’s progress.
In nut-shell, what we believe we achieve. The discrimination between men and women is something highly illogical and unjustified. Men resenting women power at work place is a combined consequence of the men’s and women’s mentality as well as the the prevailing trend which is hard to deny. Moreover, it is highly unethical to discriminate anyone on the basis of gender at workplace at any point of time. So, at the end of the day, it all depends upon the ethical norms, the belief and the organizational culture that prevails.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.