NDA Exam I 2016 – 17th April 2016
1. The first modern cotton mill was established in Mumbai because:
A.Mumbai is a port
B.It is located near cotton growing area
C.Mumbai was the financial centre
D.All of the above.
2. The nucleus of the Hugli Industrial Region is:
3. Which one of the following is the second largest producer of sugar?
4. Regional planning relates to:
A.Development of various sectors of economy.
B.Area specific approach of development.
C.Area differences in transportation network.
D.Development of rural areas.
5. ITDP refers to which one of the following?
A.Integrated Tourism Development Programme
B.Integrated Travel Development Programme
C.Integrated Tribal Development Programme
D.Integrated Transport Development Programme
6. Which one of the following is the most crucial factor for sustainable development in Indira Gandhi Canal Command Area?
D.Colonisation of land
7. In how many zones has the Indian Railways system been divided?
8. Which one of the following is the longest highway of India?
9. On which river and between which two places does the National Water Way No. 1 lie?
A.The Brahmaputra, Sadiya-Dhubri
B.The Ganga, Haldia-Allahabad
C.West Coast Canal, Kottapuram to Kollam
D.None of the above
10. In which of the following year, the first radio programme was broadcast?