National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai Jobs Notification: NIFT, Chennai invited applications for 29 Multi Tasking Staff and other posts on Long Term Contract basis (initially for a period of 3 years). The eligible candidates can apply online through the official website latest by 30 December 2016.
Advertisement No.: NIFT/KAN/Group-C/Rectt/12203(2)/16-17; dated- 30.11.2016.
Last Date of Submission of Application: 30 December 2016
Last Date of Receipt of Hard Copy of Application: 06 January 2017
NIFT, Chennai Recruitment 2016 Vacancy Details
Name of the Post: Number of Posts
MTS & Other Gr-III – 01 post
Library Assistant – 01 post
Assistant Warden – 02 posts
Assistant (Accts.) – 01 post
Machine Mechanic – 01 post
Lab Assistant – 05 posts
Driver – 01 post
Junior Assistant – 05 posts
Multi Tasking Staff – 12 posts
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT, Chennai Recruitment 2016
Educational Qualification & Experience:
MTS & Other Gr-III – i) Graduate from a recognized university / Institution of repute ii) Minimum speed 80wpm in shorthand and 40 wpm in typing iii)Minimum 2 years’ experience in Govt./ Semi- Govt./ PSU reputed organizations iv)Proficiency in computer Operation.
Library Assistant – i) Graduate from a recognized university / Institution ii) Diploma in library Science. iii) At least 1-year assistance in a well-established Library.
Assistant Warden – i) Graduate from a recognized university.
Assistant (Accts.) – i) Graduate in commerce / Economics / Statistics / Mathematics from a University / Institute of repute ii) Diploma / Certificate in Computer Applications Operations latest software’s i.e. Ms. Office (Word / Excel/ Power Point). Accounts related software and proficiency in computer operations. iii)2 years’ experience in Audit / Accounts iv)Typing speed of at least 40 w.p.m in English / Hindi.
Machine Mechanic – i) Diploma / Certificate from ITI as Fitter in related areas or its equivalent diploma / Certificate recognized by the Government. ii) At least 3 years’ experience in repair and maintenance of cutting / sewing / finishing machines in garment production concerns.
Lab Assistant – Trade wise as below-
- For Knitwear Design (One Post) - i) Graduate with Diploma in Knitting Technology and minimum 1 year experience in Knitting Technology. OR ii) Class 10 with Diploma / Certificate of 3 years duration in Sewing from Govt. / Board of Technical education recognized Institute with 5 years experience in Sewing Work. OR iii)10+2 with Diploma / Certificate of 3 years duration in Sewing from Govt. / Board of Technical education recognized Institute with 3 years experience in Sewing Work. OR iv) Graduate plus Diploma / Certificate in Computer with minimum 1 year experience.
- For Fashion Design (One Post)- i) 10 + 2 plus Diploma / Certificate of 3 years duration in cutting & Tailoring / Dress Designing from any Govt. / Board of Technical education Recognized institute with 03 years of relevant experience in industry. OR ii) 10th Standard plus Diploma/Certificate of 03 years duration from any Govt./Board of Technical education recognized institute with 5 years of experience as Sewing machine operator with embroidery knowledge & skills and / or sewing supervisor in industry.
- For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (AP) (One Post)- i) 10+2 standard plus CPT / FDCT (One-year duration) certificate course from NIFT with 5 years of experience in industry / institute. OR ii) 10th standard plus three years Diploma / Certificate course in Cutting & Tailoring / Dress Designing from any Govt. recognized institutes with 5 years of relevant experience in industry / institute. OR iii)10th Standard plus 10 years of experience as sewing machine operator and or sewing supervisor in industry. iv)With understanding of pattern making and garment construction techniques and ability to provide guidance to students through demonstration of equipment and machinery used in garment production.
- For Textile Design (One Post) - i) Diploma in Handloom Technology / Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Chemistry / Textile Processing from Indian Institute of Handloom Technology. ii) At least 1 years experience as a Lab Assistant in any recognized institution / weavers service Centre /Research Organization.
- For Information Technology (One Post) - i) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Application/ B.Sc (Computer Science). ii) Knowledge of Graphics and Multimedia software or Garment CAD. iii) 1-2 years working in woven and print design software in reputed industries is desirable.
Driver – i) At least 10th class pass from a Board or its equivalent recognized by the Government. ii) Possession of the requisite driving license for two wheeler / Three Wheeler / Light / Heavy Motor vehicle. iii) Should be fully conversant with traffic regulations. iv) Should have at least 2 years experience in driving Light / Heavy Motor Vehicle. v) Should be able to read and write Hindi and English
Junior Assistant – i) Passed 10 + 2 examination from a Board or its equivalent recognized by the Govt. ii) Diploma / Certificate in computer Applications Operations latest soft wares i.e. MS Office (word / Excel / Power Point and proficiency in computer operations. iii)Have a speed of 30wpm in English / Hindi Typing. iv) Proficiency in computer Application with Lotus, Word Star, MS Word, MS office, Excel.
Multi Tasking Staff – i) Matriculation or equivalent pass. OR ii) ITI pass may be adopted as per special requirements of the post, if any.
Age Limit (as on 30.11.2016):-
MTS & Other Gr-III – Min 21 Years
Library Assistant – Min 21 Years
Assistant Warden – Min 30 Years
Assistant (Accts.) – Min 21 Years
Machine Mechanic – Min 18 Years
Lab Assistant – Min 21 Years
Driver – Min 21 Years
Junior Assistant – Min 18 Years
Multi Tasking Staff – Min 18 Years
Relaxations: Relaxation in upper age limited for OBC/SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen as per Govt. of India rules.
Selection Procedure for NIFT, Chennai Recruitment 2016
Assistant Warden – Selection process will include a written test (100%).
MTS & Other Gr-III, Library Assistant, Assistant (Accts.), Machine Mechanic, Lab Assistant, Driver, Junior Assistant - Selection process will include a written test (60%) and a skill test (40%).
Multi Tasking Staff – Selection process will include a written test (100%).
Application Fee for NIFT, Chennai Recruitment 2016
For SC/ST/PHP Candidates – Rs. 250/-
For all other candidates – Rs. 500/-
Mode of Payment – Demand Draft in favour of “NIFT KANNUR” payable at Kannur.
How to Apply for NIFT, Chennai Recruitment 2016
Eligible candidates can apply online to the post through the official website http://www.cmsnift.com or from the link given below. The candidates need to send the print out of completely filled-in application form along with other necessary documents to the Director, National Institute of Fashion Technology, NIFT Campus, Mangattuparamba, Dharamasala, Kannur – 670562. The last date of submission of online application is 30 December 2016, while the last date of receipt of hard copy of application is 06 January 2017.