NMAT by GMACis a management entrance exam that is conducted by GMAC or the Graduate Management Admission Council. NMAT by GMAC is the gateway to admission to MBA programmes offered by NMIMS or the NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies. NMIMS is a prestigiousB-school and has secured 24th rank as per the NIRF rankings released by Govt. of India.
The NMAT by GMAC score is also accepted by other leading management institutes of India, such as Xavier University (Bhubaneswar), ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad andUPES, Dehradun. So, let us find out more about this exam that is fast becoming the favourite of the Millennial MBA test takers.
What is the NMAT by GMAC?
NMAT by GMAC is a computer-based test conducted byGMAC.NMAT by GMAC has traditionally been preferred for admission to MBA/PGDM courses conducted by NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) University. However, this exam is now also the gateway for admission to various institutes run by the NMIMS University, that have campuses at Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Indore and Navi Mumbai, Shirpur.
Courses offered by the NMIMS University
NMAT by GMAC will give you a chance to seek admission to MBA courses such as MBA, MBA (Pharmaceuticals Management), MBA (Capital Markets), MBA (Banking), MBA (Human Resource Management), and MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business).
- MBA (Pharmaceuticals Management),
- MBA (Capital Markets),
- MBA (Banking),
- MBA (Human Resource Management), and
- MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business)
How is NMAT by GMAC different from other MBA Entrance exams?
There are four key features that differentiateNMAT by GMAC from other MBA entrance exams
- 75-days Testing Window: The exam is conducted over a period of 75 days and you can appear for the exam thricein one season.
- Self-scheduling option: Just like you choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats for the movies, NMAT by GMAC also gives you the similar experience of scheduling the exam at your convenience.
- No Negative Marking Scheme: Unlike other MBA entrance exams, NMAT by GMAC doesn’t followa negative marking scheme. Yes, you heard it right! There is no penalty for choosing a wrong answer allowing you todo guess work without skipping any question.
- Apply to B-schools after reviewing result: Last but not the least, NMAT by GMAC provides you a golden opportunity to apply to B-schools after reviewing your results of all the attempts. You can even apply for re-test if you are not satisfied with the percentile scored in the first or second attempt.
Why to appear for NMAT by GMAC?
NMAT by GMAC is a must appear MBA entrance exam for the aspirants because it will give you confidence to perform better and give your 100 per cent in the exam. Some reasons which makes NMAT by GMAC a must appear exam are:
- You can revisit your answers: The exam allows you to revisit your answers in case you are not sure about the option that you choose. You have the opportunity to review and revise your answer at the end of each section.
- No typing skills are needed: NMAT by GMAC exam will not test your computer typing skills, indicating that throughout the examyou will use the computer mouse to highlight and confirm the response of each question.
- Sending scores to up to 5 programmes is free of cost: You can send your NMAT by GMAC scores for up to 5 programmes for free as the fees for the same is included in your registration fee.
Who can appear for the NMAT by GMAC?
NMAT by GMAC does not specify any eligibility criteria for aspirants. However, you are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the respective management programme and see if you qualify for the same. In case you are able to achieve a good score but do not qualify the admission eligibility, you will not be able to apply to your preferred college.
For example, if you fulfil the eligibility criteria for the MBA programme conducted by NMIMS (Mumbai) then you can appear for the NMAT by GMAC and apply for the course and college, but if you do not fulfil the eligibility criteria of MBA (HR) programme by NMIMS (Mumbai), then you won’t be able to apply for this course and college.
Top colleges that accept NMAT by GMAC score
Apart from NMIMS and its allied institutes, there are several other leading management institutes in Indiathat accept NMAT by GMAC scores for admission to MBA courses.These include:
- SVKM's NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies
- Xavier University
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Alliance University
- AmrutMody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- BSE Institute Limited
- Amity University
- Thapar School of Management
- Bennett University
- SRM University Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- Shiv Nadar University
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- BML Munjal University
- VIT University
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Mody University
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Jindal Global Business school - Delhi/NCR
What is the format of the NMAT by GMAC?
NMAT by GMAC is a computerized exam that tests your aptitude in the time span of 120 minutes. The exam comprises three key sections i.e.
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Logical Reasoning
The language skills section comprises 32 questions which are to be attempted in 22 minutes, approximately.
Logical reasoning section contains40 questions for which time span of 38 minutes is allotted.
In the third section i.e. Quantitative Skills, you will be allotted maximum time of 60 minutes to complete 48 questions.
Annually, GMAC also launches NMAT by GMACOfficial Prep online practice exams to help MBA aspirants prepare for the exam. Candidates are advised to through the online practice exam sets to better understand the exam format and plan their preparation accordingly.
What is the syllabus of the NMAT by GMAC?
The key to crack the NMAT by GMAC lies in developing a comprehensive understanding of the syllabus and the exam format. As discussedearlier, there are 3 sections which carry questions on a variety of topics and concepts. Let us find out the key topics that are covered in the syllabus.
Let’s begin with language skills section. The questions in this section will focus on topics such as Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Contextual usage; Syllogisms, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, and grammar will be seen in the exam.
In the Quantitative Skills section, questions from topics such as Algebra, Arithmetic, Mensuration, Surds & Indices, Co-ordinate geometry, Trigonometry, Permutations& Combinations, and Venn Diagrams are asked in the exam.
In the last section i.e. Logical reasoning, you will see questions from topics such as Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables, Graphs (Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart), Venn diagram, Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions among other topics in the exam.
So, that was all you needed to know about the NMAT by GMAC exam. But wait, there’s more.
Did you know some interesting facts about the NMAT by GMAC?
It has the most diverse gender ratio and has consistently registered enthusiastic participation from female candidates.
It has the best representation from non-engineering candidates and has been seeing candidates from the humanities background in equal measure.
It remains the preferred choice of the iGeneration with a majority of registrants being 24 years or younger.
It continues to have a healthy mix of registrants both with and without work experience
NMAT by GMAC – Interesting Trivia
|• Most diverse gender ratio: Almost 40% representation of women
• More than 45% registrations from non-engineering candidates
• More than 85% registrants are 24 years or younger
• More than 40% registrants have industry experience
So, if you’re a prospective MBA candidate and are evaluating the various MBA entrance examinations, the NMAT by GMAC should certainly be on your list.
For more some informative videos on MBA entrance exams, stay tuned to www.jagranjosh.com.