The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is a UNIDO and provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries. The institute announced admissions to PhD programme in Plant Biology and Human Health.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (Plant Biology/ Human Health)
- Last date for applying online/ sending hardcopy of online application: 30 April 2013
- Date for written test: 27 May 2013
- Date for Interview: 28 May 2013- 29 May 2013
- MSc in any branch of Science like Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Mathematics, etc or MTech. or MBBS. or MVSc. or MPharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi,
- Admission seekers appearing in final year degree examination in 2013 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have cleared either of CSIR-UGC/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent JRF examination or have enrolled for fellowships (valid for at least four years) can also apply. GATE as a qualification is not accepted.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of written test and their Performance in interview.
Exemption: Shyama Prasad Mukherjee (SPM) fellows are exempted from the written exam
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
Rs 300 through DD in favour of ICGEB, New Delhi, payable at New Delhi is required. Candidates should get the demand draft done before filling online application as its details will be required there.
How to Apply
Aspirants are required to apply online on the Institute’s website. Henceforth they are required to download print out of the application form and the admit card (generated after the successful online submission). Paste duly signed recent passport size photographs (4.5 cms x 3cms) on the online receipt and admit card. and send it along with DD, mark sheet and one self addressed envelopes (10 cms x 22 cms) affixed with Rs 5 postage stamp, to the following address on or before the last date:
The Chief of Administration,
P.O. box 10504,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi- 110067
The Envelope should be clearly marked with Application for PhD Programme (2013-2014).
To seek more details like subject specific eligibility criteria, please visit http://www.icgeb.org