Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar is an autonomous research institute under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) GoI. The institute invited applications from intended candidates for admission to regular PhD and Pre Doctoral programme.
Name of Programme
- Pre Doctoral Programme
- PhD Programme
- Deadline for submission of applications: 15 May 2013
- Date of Written examination: 28 June 2013
- Interview conducts on: 28 June 2013 to 30 June 2013
- Applicants should possess MSc degree in Physics with at least 55% marks (in aggregate).
- Admission seekers must have a valid GATE score with rank up to 200
- Candidates should have qualified national level examination CSIR-UGC- NET within the last one-year.
- Aspirants who are offered DST-Inspire fellowship for carrying out PhD program can apply.
- Admission seekers appearing for the final semester/year of MSc who have qualified in GATE or CSIR/UGC-NET or have attained DST-Inspire fellowship are also eligible to apply.
- Aspirants who have qualified JEST-2013 with 25 marks or above (cutoff rank of 174) need not to submit application. The institute will directly contact them.
Eligible candidates whether through JEST-2013 or through direct application against will have to appear for a short written test on the specified date. Qualified candidates will be required to appear in an interview. The final selection will be based on the scores of both the written test and interview.
How to Apply
- Intended candidates should download the prescribed application format available at the website of the institute.
- Applicants must send their application only by E-mail as a PDF/DOC file to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline.
For more queries, please visit http://www.iopb.res.in/