1. Home
  2. |  
  3. Education |  

Private Colleges of Hyderabad Demands a Uniform Fee Structure

Feb 8, 2014 10:45 IST

    Private Medical Colleges of Hyderabad are likely to add a uniform fee structure, which may be introduced from the next academic year (2014-15). Under this move, the yearly fees will go higher than now.

    According to the sources, college managements have sought approximately Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh annual fee from each student and have mentioned that they shall conduct their own examination and may also set their own fee structure if what they are demanding is not approved.

    A member of the AP Private Medical and Dental Colleges Managements' Association said that Private College is in charge of the admission seats and not government. Since it is becoming hard to survive with the current fee structure, the government should reimburse the balance amount to the college if it wants the colleges to carry on with the existing quota system. Their demand is to bring in a fee structure which is uniform.

    It has been 4 years since fee rates were revised. Now, the fee regulatory committee is all set to alter the MBBS fee structure in February 2014.

    At present, near about 3,300 MBBS seats are held by private medical colleges, among which 40% fall under the management quota.

    According to the structure, non-minority medical colleges offer 40% of their seats (Category A) for Rs 60,000 and 10% seats (Category B) for Rs 2.4 lakh. The Remaining seats are offered as Management quota seats charged against official cost of Rs 5.5 lakh per seat. However, colleges are known to quote much more than official price, ranging from Rs 50 lakh to up to Rs 1 crore.

    In the case of minority institutions, 60% seats are being filled (for Rs 60,000 each) on merit basis while the remaining 40% are sold as management quota seats.

    A representative of a college management claimed that most of the states such as Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Orissa enjoy a uniform fee structure. He added that EAMCET notification was announced on 4 February and the government must take an action before the election notification. Otherwise the Private Colleges in Hyderabad will fix a uniform fee structure.

    A senior official of the state health department suggested upon the fee structure that only the amount payable every year should be collected from students as against the one-time payment being demanded by colleges currently.

    Latest Videos

    Register to get FREE updates

      All Fields Mandatory
    • (Ex:9123456789)
    • Please Select Your Interest
    • Please specify

    • ajax-loader
    • A verifcation code has been sent to
      your mobile number

      Please enter the verification code below

    This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK
    X

    Register to view Complete PDF