Q. What is the new pattern of Rajasthan RAS Preliminary Exam 2013?
Ans. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission has changed the pattern for RAS Preliminary Exam 2013. Now the RAS Preliminary Exam will consist of only one paper of 200 marks. The subject of the paper is General knowledge and General Science. The paper will have 150 multiple choice question with 1/3 negative marking on each wrong answer marked on the answer sheet.
Q. What is the syllabus of RAS Prelims 2013?
Ans. There will be only one paper of 150 questions and 200 marks. The syllabus for the general Knowledge and general science Paper is as follows:
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
• Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
• Freedom Movement , Political Awakening and Integration
• Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
• Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
• Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dilects
• Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
• Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
• Religious Movements, Saints& Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
• Important Tourist Places.
• Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Ancient & Medieval Period:
• Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India
• Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
• Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
• The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
• Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
• Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Geography of World and India
• World Geography:
• Broad Physical features.
• Environmental and Ecological Issues.
• Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
• International Waterways.
• Major Industrial Regions.
• Geography of India:
• Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
• Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
• Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
• Major Industries and Industrial development.
• Transportation– major transport corridors.
• Natural Resources.
• Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution :
• Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
• Indian Political System and Governance :
• Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
• Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary
• President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilence Commission (CVC), Central information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
• Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj
• Public Policy & Rights
• National Public Policy as a welfare state.
• Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
• Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Basic Concepts of Economics
Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
Stock Exchange and Share Market
Fiscal and Monetary Policies
Subsidies, Public Distribution System
Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning : -
5 Year Plans - Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization
Human Resource and Economic Development :-
Human Development Index
Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment:-
Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
Macro overview of Economy.
Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
Growth, Development and Planning.
Infrastructure & Resources.
Major Development Projects.
Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers.
Q. What is the date of RAS Prelims Exam?
Ans. The date of exam had not been announced with the advertisement. RPSC will announce it later.
Q. How Jagranjosh.com will help aspirants in their RAS Prelim 2013 preparation?
Ans. Jagranjosh.com has come up with a unique initiative to help and prepare the candidate better for the RAS Prelim Exam 2103. Jagranjosh.com has started a series of articles related to the important topics for the RAS Prelim 2013 and the state current Affairs. It is also starting the information regarding local folklores of Rajasthan under its G.K. Category.
For more information click here
Q. Are online test series and E-Books beneficial for RAS Prelims 2013?
Ans. Jagranjosh.com has a reservoir of the online tests and study material related to Preliminary exams. The study material is immensely helpful to the candidates. Online test are also very helpful to the candidates in accelerating their preparations. Jagranjosh also presents the Rajsthan oriented quiz to enrich the knowledge of the candidates.
For Rajasthan Quiz click here
Q. What should be my strategy for RAS Prelims Exam? How it is different from IAS Prelim?
Ans. The RAS Prelims is different in many ways from the IAS Prelims. The IAS Preliminary Exam has two Papers but RAS Preliminary exam have only one paper of 150 questions. Syllabus given in the RAS advertisement is different from the IAS Preliminary syllabus. The syllabus of RAS Preliminary specifically mention about the History, Geography, Economy, Polity and the Current Affairs of the State.
The candidate has to balance his/her preparation between the National and the Rajasthan oriented topics. There is no mention about the Mathematics aptitude in the syllabus. The local folklores have a special place in the Rajasthan Preliminary exams.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.