Science and technology quiz here will allow the students to know more about the world of science and what all technology has to offer to them. Students will be able to adjudge themselves on their interests in the subjects of science and technology. Apart from this, the quiz here will help the students in preparing well for the competitive exams. These questions will allow the students in learning better and developing in a better way as well.
1. Name the Mars rover of NASA.
Answer: (b) Curiosity
2. Where was the first bionic man of the world called Rex unveiled on 7 February 2013?
a) London's Science Museum
b) American Science Museum
c) Paris Science Museum
d) Europe Science Museum
Answer: (a) London's Science Museum
3. Which of the following statements is not true?
a) NASA on 9 February 2013 announced that its Mars rover Curiosity drilled into the surface of the planet for first time.
b) The drilling into Martian surface took place for the first time on 8 February 2013.
c) As an outcome of the drilling, the pictures were sent by Challenger which depicted a hole of around 0.63 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep in the fine-grained sedimentary bedrock.
d) The first drill target of Curiosity was a Martian rock which was laced with the veins which appeared like water-deposited minerals.
Answer: (c) As an outcome of the drilling, the pictures were sent by Challenger which depicted a hole of around 0.63 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep in the fine-grained sedimentary bedrock.
4. In the first bionic man of the world, Rex, where did the synthetic blood come from?
c) University College London
d) Sheffield University
Answer: (d) Sheffield University
5. Curiosity is on a _________ mission on Mars for finding out the chemical and geologic conditions on Mars which are required for supporting as well as preserving the microbial life. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
Answer: (c) 2-Year
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .