CAT 2011 starts from October 22, just before Diwali. Certain changes have been made in the paper, including the changes in number of section. Now there will be just 2 sections of 70 minutes duration each. Download CAT 2010 for practicing and analyzing the kind of questions asked in the prestigious exam
1. If r,s, and t are consecutive odd integers with r,s,t, which of the following must be true?
2. Let S be the set of rational numbers with the following properties:
II. If x ЄS, then both 1/x+1 ЄS and x/x+1 ЄS
Which of the following is true?
(a) S contains all rational numbers in the interval 0<x<1.
(b) S contains all rational numbers in the interval-1<x<1.
(c) S contains all rational numbers in the interval-1<x<0.
(d) S contains all rational numbers in the interval 1<x<∞.
3. P,Q and R the three consecutive odd numbers in ascending order. If the value of three times P is three times P is three less than two times R, find the value of R.
4. Consider the following statements:
When two straight lines intersect, then:
I adjacent angles are complementary
II adjacent angles are supplementary
III opposite angles are equal
IV opposite angles are supplementary
Of these statements:
(a) (I) and (III) are correct
(b) (II) and (III) are correct
(c) (I) and (IV) are correct
(d) (II) and (IV) are correct
5. A pole has to be erected on the boundary of a circular park of diameter 13 meters in such a way that the difference of its distances from two diametrical opposite fixed gates A and B on the boundary is 7 meters. The distance of the pole from one of the gates is:
(a) 8 meters
(b) 8.25 meters
(c) 5 meters
(d) None these