Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has organised Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination for recruitment to the posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerks. The common written examination is to be conducted on 20 October 2013, 27 October 2013, and 10 November 2013.
The question paper includes 200 questions from four sections : English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude-Basic Arithmetic Skill and General Awareness. There was a negative marking of .25 Marks for each wrong answer. The candidates have 02 hours to mark maximum correct answers in order to qualify this examination.
Directions : In Question Nos. 1 to 5, select the related words/letters/numbers/from the given alternatives.
1. Foot: ? :: Hand : Wrist
2. Chair: Wood :: ?
(A) Book : Print
(B) Mirror : Glass
(C) Plate : Food
(1D) Purses : Money
3. AZCX: BYDW :: HQJO: ?
4. 08: 66 :: ? : 38
5. 32 : 21 :: 35 : ?
Directions: In Question Nos. 1 to 5. a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive Active/ Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
1. The washerman will return the clothes in the evening.
(A) The clothes will have to be returned by the washerman in the evening.
(B) The clothes will be returned by the washerman in the evening.
(C) The clothes will return by the washerman in the evening.
(D) In the evening the clothes will have been returned by the washerman
2. He picked up the telephone and dialled the police number.
(A) The telephone was being picked up and the police number dialled.
(B) The telephone was picked up and the police number dialled.
(C) The telephone had been picked up and the police number dialled.
(D) The telephone has been picked up and the police number dialled.
3. An i-pod has been bought by s mother.
(A) Anubhav's mother was engaged in buying an i-pod.
(B) Anubhav's mother had bought an i-pod.
(C) Anubhav’s mother has been buying an i-pod.
(D) Anubhav's mother has bought an i-pod.
4. I took care of his dog.
(A) His dog was taken care by me.
(B) His dog is taken care by me.
(C) His dog is taken care of by me.
(D) His dog was taken care of by me.
5. Some girls were cleaning their dormitories.
(A) The dormitories were cleaned by some girls.
(B) The dormitories will have been cleaned by some girls.
(C) The dormitories were being cleaned by some girls.
(D) The dormitories are being cleaned by some girls.
1. The medians AD, BE and CF of a triangle ABC are of lengths 18 cm, 24 cm and 30 cm respectively. The area in cm2 of the triangle is
2. A solid iron sphere of diameter 6 cm is melted and made to a hollow cylindrical pipe of external diameter 10 cm and of length 4 cm. The width or the sheet of pipe is
(A) 1 cm
(B) 2 cm
(C) 3 cm
3. If the volumes or a sphere and a cylinder of equal radius are same, then ratio of the radius and height of the cylinder will be
(A) 4 : 3
(B) 3 : 2
(C) 3 : 4
(D) 2 : 3
4. The length of two parallel chords of a circle are 6 cm and 8 cm. If the smaller chord is at a distance of 4 cm from the centre, the distance of the other chord from the centre is
(A) 5 cm
(B) 6 cm
(C) 4 cm
(D) 3 cm
5. If the difference between an exterior angle of a regular polygon of n sides and an exterior angle of another regular polygon of (n + 1) sides is equal to 5, then the value of n is
Part – IV
1. The photoelectric effect is described as the ejection of electrons from the surface of a metal when
(A) It is heated.
(B) It is placed in strong electric field.
(C) Electrons of suitable velocity impinge on it.
(D) Light or suitable wavelength falls on it.
2. X-rays are -_________ waves.
3. The shape of a rain drop is spherical due to
(B) Surface tension
4. In MS-Excel. which of the following function is used to find the highest value within the list-?t
5. Daltonism (Protanopia) is the form of colour blindness in which the patient cannot see
(A) Green colour
(B) Red colour
(C) Blue colour
(D) All the above colours