Tips and Strategies to Score well in English Section in SSC CHSL in 30 days
Experts at Jagranjosh have come up with extremely useful tips for English Section in SSC CHSL Exam 2016. Aspirants can go through the tips for getting good score.
Staff Selection Commission has recently announced that it is going to recruit 5134 personnel in the cadre of lower division clerks, data entry operators, court clerks and postal assistants in the central government departments or organizations. The examination will be conducted in three tiers – Tier I, II and III. In tier I, you will have 100 questions from English, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning of 2 marks each and the total time allotted is 75 minutes for answering all these questions. In this article, we shall discuss the strategy you should adopt for the English section in this examination with smart and systematic work on your part
SSC CHSL 2016: How to go about English Section?
SSC CHSL examination consists of tier I, II and III. In tier I, there will be 25 questions on English language and in tier II, you will have a descriptive paper in which you have to write an essay and letter and it will consist of 100 marks. You have to get at least 33 marks in this paper and the marks will be added in the final result of the examination
- Go through the syllabus: Before preparing for any examination, your first job is to understand the syllabus because that is where you get the idea of what things to prepare and how to prepare in your preparation for the examination. SSC has given the detailed syllabus in the notification and you first need to go through the same
- Go through the basic rules: Once you are done with scanning and understanding the syllabus, your next job is to go through the rules of grammar for chapters mentioned in syllabus because this is one part you can prepare thoroughly
- Vocabulary part needs to be daily prepared: Vocabulary part in the examination consists of synonyms, antonyms, one word substitutions etc and you need to prepare them daily from as many sources as possible because you never know which word will be asked in the examination. The more you prepare and the more you have words in your memory, chances are there that you get questions that you can be sure about
- Newspaper reading helps: In case of vocabulary, reading daily newspaper helps a lot since you get to know new words and at the same time, it gives you the application of those words. Again, for the descriptive paper in tier II, you get idea about the way an essay should be written or a letter should be drafted. This helps in both the phases of the examination
- Practice as much as possible: This holds good for each and every section in the examination. Once you are done with preparation, you should make it a point that you practice as much as possible so that you can be confident of your application of your knowledge in the examination
- Go through previous year papers: This helps since SSC often repeats questions and at the same time, it is very helpful to understand the pattern and difficulty level of the examination. You should solve these papers to get a feel of things in the examination as it will definitely increase your chances of selection in the examination
- Mock tests should be standard and at par with the level of the examination if you are taking it: Mock tests are very popular these days but you need to keep in mind that these tests should be according to the standards of the real examination and then only, you are going to benefit from these tests. These are good options to go for once you are done with the overall syllabus
SSC CHSL examination will be conducted in the month of January 2017 and you have plenty of time before that to prepare for the examination. This strategy has been given for preparation of the section in 30 days but as you know the earlier, the better it is. So, once you are done applying for the examination, start your preparation right away. Keep a time frame of things to be done within a particular time limit and prepare your routine accordingly. Study hard and make everyone proud of you
All the best!!