SSC will conduct an open online competition for the recruitment of 1102 scientific assistants in Indian Meteorological Department. After passing the Paper- 1 & 2, you will be deputed in the previous pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 & Grade pay of Rs. 4,200. This pay scale is not revised under the 7thPay commission recommendations. SSC has started accepting online application from 18.07.2017 and the last date for accepting online application would be 04.08.2017 as per the stated notification. However, the commission has made a few changes in the notification stated in a document released on 04.08.2017.
Changes in notification
SSC through its recent document made the following changes in the SSC Scientific Assistant Notification 2017 released on 18.07.2017 at SSC website www.ssc.nic.in .
- In the Notification Note-II in Para-5 of Minimum essential educational qualifications, it is stated that the qualifying degree or diploma in the listed disciplines must be minimum of 3 years after 10+2 examination.
- SSC has also decided to accept the online application form late by 10 days for the above examination. The latest date for final online submission will now be 14.08.2017 until 5.00 PM.
- In regard of the offline, payment of fee through SBI challan is also extended to 18.08.2017. Now, you can submit your challan generated on or before 04.08.2017 and onwards registration can be submitted up to 18.08.2017 until 5.00 PM.
- In the context of Paper-II, Candidates can opt the electives as per their academics (Degree/Diploma). There will be three distinguished papers on Physics, Computer Science & Information Technology and Electronics/ Telecommunications. Candidates can choose any one of them in Paper-II.
- The remaining previously stated notification will remain same and unchanged.
We at www.jagranjosh.com recommends you to visit the SSCs official website i.e. ssc.nic.in regularly. Apart from this, we are dedicated to provide you all essential and necessary information regarding SSC preparations, important updates, and career guidance.
All the Best!