The Supreme Court of India invited applications for recruitment to the post of Chief librarian, Supreme Court Library. Selected candidates will be appointed on probation for a period of 2 years in the first instance. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 10 May 2014. The Supreme Court of India came into being on 28 January 1950. It is the highest judicial forum and final court of appeal of India as established by Part V, Chapter IV of the Constitution of India. According to the Constitution, the role of the Supreme Court is guardian of Constitution & that of a federal court.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 10 May 2014
Detail of Vacancy
Name of the Post: Chief librarian, Supreme Court Library
Age Limit: Candidate’s age should not be more than 50 years as on 1 April 2014.
- Candidate should possess Degree in Law of a University in India recognized by the Bar Council of India or by any State Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate should possess Master Degree in Library Science of a recognized University.
- Candidate should possess Diploma in Computer Application recognized by AICTE/DOEACC or equivalent or Library Automation Course conducted by National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources.
- Candidate should have Knowledge of Computer application in Library work.
- Candidate should have minimum 5 years experience as a Librarian in a Library of a recognized University/Govt. Department/Statutory Body/Public Sector Undertaking with knowledge of legal documentation and Bibliographical work.
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100/- with Grade Pay of Rs.7600/- + other allowances as admissible under the rules in the Registry of the Supreme Court of India.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Computer Test and Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format, which is available in the notification.
- Application form, duly complete in all respect, along with copies of all the relevant certificate & documents and a passport size photograph affixing in the application, all duly attested by a Gazetted Officer should be sent to Registrar (Admn.1), Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110201 on or before 10 May 2014.
- The envelope containing the application shall be superscribed 'Application for the post of Chief librarian, Supreme Court Library '.