University Grants Commission (UGC) has notified for the National Eligibility Test December 2013, i.e., UGC NET December 2013. The exam is scheduled to be held on 29 December 2013. Interested yet eligible candidates may apply online till 30 October 2013.
UGC conducts National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) twice a year, i.e. in the months of June and December to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
We, the team of Jagaranjosh.com, have provided here with the detail of How-to-apply Online for UGC NET December 2013. Take a look.
Candidates applying for the Test will have to pay a non-refundable Examination fee through challan from any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) throughout the country. The exam fees vary category-wise as the following:
- For General Category: Rs. 450/-
- For Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs. 225/-
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH): Rs. 110/-
Procedure for Applying Online
- Interested & eligible candidates are required to APPLY ONLINE through the link www.ugcnetonline.in OR through a link available on the UGC website: www.ugc.ac.in.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must keep ready their Scanned passport size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb.
- After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the computer will automatically generate your ‘Bank Challan’ indicating your details therein. You should take the print out of this Bank Challan for payment through cash, on the next working day (after generating the challan from www.ugcnetonline.in) at any branch of SBI along with bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-
- Two days after the payment of fee at SBI through filled Bank Challan, the candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at their UGC logged in profile at www.ugcnetonline.in, and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
- Candidates are required to send the complete Application, consisting of one copy of printout of online application form, one copy of Attendance Slip, the UGC copy of bank challan in original and other required documents, to the Registrar/Principal of the Coordinating Institution on or before 09 November 2013. Do not forget to put your signature and paste the passport size photograph (same as the scanned one) at the indicated spaces in the copies of the online application form and Attendance Slip.
Imp Note: Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. The fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will also be summarily rejected.
UGC NET December 2013: Notification