University Grants Commission invited application for recruitment to the post of Lower Division Clerk. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online only before 26 June 2013. University Grants Commission (UGC) is a statutory body under the administrative control of the Ministry of Human Resource Development of India. The UGC has the unique distinction of being the only grant-giving agency in the country which has been entrusted with responsibilities of providing funds & that of coordination, determination & maintenance of standards in institutions of higher education.
Opening date of Online Submission of Applications Forms: 28 May 2013
Closing Date for Completion of Step I for On-Line Registration: 18 June 2013
Closing Date for paying examination fee at State Bank of India: 22 June 2013.
Closing Date for completion of Step II for on Line Registration: 26 June 2013.
Name of the Post: Lower Division Clerk
Total No. of Vacancies: Approximately 100
- Candidates age must be between 18 -25 years as on 1 January 2013.
- The upper age is relaxable for ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PWD) as per the Government of India rules.
Candidates should be passed Matriculation (10th Standard) or higher examination from a recognized Board/University.
- Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 300/- for Un-reserved candidates & Rs. 200/- for OBC candidates.
- No fee is payable for SC/ST/PH & Female candidates are exempted from payment of Fees.
- Candidates should deposit the fee in the UGC’s Account with State Bank of India
Pay Scale: PB-1; Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Plus Allowances)
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination and Typing Test.
How to Apply
- The candidates are required to apply only online through the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in before 26 June 2013.
- No other mode of submission of applications will be accepted.
- The on-line registration process involves 2 steps for successful registration of the application.
- Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment process. Registration number, password, admit card for written test / skill test call letter or any other important communication will be sent on the same registered e-mail ID of candidate(also check email in spam box).