UPPCS Lower Subordinate Exam is not so easy to crack. The number of candidates to appear will be quiet high for UPPCS Lower Subordinate Exam, so, the level of competition is going to be tough as usual. So, to perform better in this exam, a candidate must have to be selective and he/she should not prefer so much readings or textbooks to avoid wasting of their precious time in reading lot of things. There will be one General Studies Paper for which the syllabus will be same as the UPPCS Upper Subordinate Exam. The Candidates have greater chance to score better in the General Studies Paper.
Click here for the UPPCS Lower Subordinate Exam 2015 Syllabus
Now the candidates have to draw out a good strategy in order to make the best possible utilization of the time available. Here are some tips for the preparation for the UPPCS Lower Subordinate Exam:
- Decide in the beginning itself what all books you are going to study. Don’t buy too much of books. Select one or two sources for each topic and then stick to them.
- Take the help of some qualified candidates to decide which books should be read.
- Make your own notes from books and newspapers. Don’t depend too much on any institute’s notes or readymade notes flooding the book shops.
- Set well defined targets like pages or topics and give yourself deadlines. Keep the targets realistic and set short deadlines like 2-3 days. Make a list of topics that have to be completed in 10-15 days, and as you complete each list, reward yourself by something that you relish doing.
- Highlight the important and difficult topics while you read any topic. Make a synopsis or short notes that will help you in quick revision in the last week.
- For self-evaluation, solve sample papers and previous years question papers. This will give you a reality check and also boost your confidence.
- Revision is the most important part. Revise all the topics at least twice, in order to get the best output.
- Take care of your health. Exercise, eat healthy, avoid junk and outside food, get proper sleep. Do yoga and meditation to increase your concentration and retention power.
- Keep a very positive attitude while preparation. Have confidence on yourself and what you read.
- Indulge yourself in some leisure activity like music, painting, dance or a sport, to avoid boredom and monotony. But don’t do that at the expense of your studies.
- Stop studying at least 24 hours before the exam as studying now will only make you more anxious. Just relax yourself for this day. Feel confident that you have studied all that is required for the exam and that you have given your best possible effort.
Click here for the UPPSC Lower Subordinate Exam 2015 Study Material