Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has advertised about the vacancies of Combined Lower Subordinate Services (General Recruitment) 2015 and Combined Lower Subordinate Services (Physically Handicapped Backlog /Special Recruitment) in September, 2015. The last date for the Deposit of Examination fees in the Bank was 29 September 2015. The total number of Vacancies is 490 (General Rectt. - 470 Posts; Special Rectt.- 20 Posts) so there is a good chance for the candidates to get selected.
The examination comprises of various topics under General Studies Paper which carried total 300 marks and the given time duration will be 3 hours.
- The syllabus given in the advertisement of Combined Lower Subordinate Services consists of the traditional General Studies containing
- The History of India including the Ancient and the Indian National Movement.
- The Indian geography and World Geography covering the Physical, Social, Economic aspects of Geography of India and World.
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Indian Economy and Social Development
- Current Events of National And International Importance
- General Science
- Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th
The syllabus is not new for the candidates preparing for the general studies for any exam. The syllabus has mentioned the elementary Mathematics in the examination. This will include questions on Average, Ratio Proportion, Time and Speed and the like topics of Mathematics.
The Current Affairs and History topics will play a crucial role in the selection because UPPSC has a particular habit to ask heavy number of questions from History Topics. The second position on the basis of number of questions goes to current affairs. The candidates have to solve the paper containing 150 questions in two hours. The paper will resemble the UPPCS Main Exam General Studies paper. So the candidates who practice the previous papers of UPPCS will have an edge over others.
Click here for the UPPSC Lower Subordinate Exam 2015 Study Material