UPPSC notified for PCS Examination (UPPSC Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Exam) 2014 on 24 April 2014. Jagranjosh.com has come up with complete syllabus of UPPCS Preliminary Exam 2014.
PAPER - I
General Studies-I (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that
- do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
- General Studies-II (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
Current events of national and international importance:
On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
1. History of India and Indian National Movement
In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
2. Indian and world Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
3. Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
4. Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:-
The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
5. General Science
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Elementary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level)
(1) Arithmetic:- (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integrs and their inter-relationship.
(ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time. (viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(2) Algebra:- (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(3) Geometry:- (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium
and circles, their perimeter and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics: Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data - Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English Up to Class X Level
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks