Saumya Pandey, a gold medallist from the Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad, secured 4th Rank in UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016. She is the only child of Dr Sadhana Pandey, a gynaecologist by profession and Dr Ravi Pandey, owner of a computer institute in the Allahabad city. Saumya was academically well throughout her school education and she was the district topper in Class 10 and Class 12 with 98% and 97.8% marks respectively from the same Army School in Allahabad.
Saumya Pandey had followed the integrated approach for both IAS Prelims and IAS Mains Exam. She never ignores to study any of the papers for IAS Mains Exam. She had Geography as an Optional Subject for IAS Mains Exam. Here are the highlights of her strategy for IAS Mains Exam preparation:
- She had followed the guidelines of previous year’s IAS Toppers while choosing best study materials for IAS Exam and she blindly followed those materials.
- For the Compulsory Hindi language, she also studied Hindi newspapers.
- She had practiced the UPSC IAS Previous Year Question Papers well to understand the pattern of the IAS Mains Exam.
- She suggested putting diagram, flow charts and maps.
- She also suggested putting general facts in your answer.
- To look your answers value added, link the topics with some current affairs.
- Write balance and constitutionally correct answers.
- There should not be any biased answer which reflects communist, casteist, anti-women and that should be accordance with our Constitution.
- There must be a structure while writing answers like Introduction, body and conclusion.
Watch the video to know about the study materials or books for IAS she followed during IAS preparation.