XIMB Placement 2018: The Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar concluded Xuberance’18 - the final placements process for the batch of 2016-2018 for MBA (BM) and MBA (HRM) programmes. The MBA Placement 2018 season at XIMB saw the largest batch of the B-school get placed with 358 out of 361 students in MBA (BM) and 123 students in MBA (HR). Despite the rising competition and slow hiring trends due to macro-economic factors, the B-school has managed to secure exemplary placements for the students with numerous premier organizations. The students have managed to bag prestigious roles in different disciplines and industrial domains through Xuberance’18.
MBA Business Management – Placement Report 2018
XIMB is one of the most renowned B-schools of the country which has given India several corporate and business leaders. The institute offers two-year full-time MBA programme with specialization in Business Management. Despite the tough market conditions, XIMB has concluded the final placement process - Xuberance '18 for the MBA – BM programme successfully, securing placement for 361 students.
The key statistical highlights of XIMB Placement 2018 are given below:
- Number of Participating Students: 361
- Number of students placed: 358
- Number of Recruiters: 105
- Number of first-time Recruiters: 56
- No of PPO/PPIs extended: 45
- Highest Domestic Salary secured: Rs 23.50 lakhs per annum
- Average Salary: Rs 12.91 lakhs per annum
- Median Salary: Rs 12.76 lakhs per annum
Xuberance '18 saw participating from 105 recruiters, of which 56 were first-time recruiters while the rest were returning recruiters. This shows the growing trust that businesses put in the management education offered at XIMB. The top returning recruiters at XIMB’s Placement 2018 session for MBA – Business Management include BC, Deloitte, EY, IBM, ICICI Bank, L&T, PwC, TCS and Tata Steel. While the list of new recruiters at Xuberance '18 included names such as Brillio, Wildcraft, Tresvista, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, Eveready, PPG Asian Paints and Havells.
In terms of sector-wise breakup of placement offers, Consulting emerged at the top followed by Marketing, Operations, BFSI / finance and IT/ITES sectors. Students were offered a diverse array of roles and job profiles in these domains; the key among them include Equity Research, Marketing, Strategy, Consulting, Risk Management, Supply Chain Management and others. The sector-wise breakup and list of top-recruiters can be found below:
Management, Strategy & Consulting
- Percentage of Job Offers: 30% of offers
- Top Recruiters: TCS, PwC, Cognizant, Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini and others.
- Percentage of Job Offers: 29%
- Top Recruiters: Godrej, Emami, Tata Steel, Nestle, Wildcraft, L'Oréal and Maruti Suzuki
- Percentage of Job Offers: 19%
- Top Recruiters: Wipro, Mindtree, IBM, Infosys, HCL Technologies
BFSI / Finance
- Percentage of Job Offers: 14%
- Top Recruiters: ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Tresvista, HDFC Life, ICRA, HSBC IB, Motilal Oswal Financial Services and L&T Fin, L&T Finance
General Management & Operations Management
- Percentage of Job Offers:
- Top Recruiters: GMR, IOCL, TASL, Tata Steel, Future Supply Chain, Vedanta, Future Generali and Larsen & Toubro
MBA Human Resource Management – Placement Report
Apart from the XIMB’s MBA in Business Management, the B-school also released the placement report for MBA in Human Resource Management Programme. The MBA – HRM is a flagship programme of the Xavier School of Human Resource Management (XaHR). The School was incepted under the aegis of XIMB and is committed to developing people managers and recruitment specialists. The batch of 2016-2018 consisted of 123 students of which 110 students have been placed successfully so far.
The key statistical highlights of MBA in HRM programme are:
- Number of Participating Students: 123
- Number of students placed: 110
- Number of Recruiters: 53
- Number of first-time Recruiters: 29
- No of PPO/PPIs extended: 14
- Highest Domestic Salary secured: Rs 20.84 lakhs per annum
- Average Salary: Rs 11.88 lakhs per annum
- Median Salary: Rs 11.12 lakhs per annum
The top recruiters that participated in the placement session for MBA-HRM programme at XIMB include Standard Chartered, Deloitte, Vedanta, L&T, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Raymond, GMR and Future Generalli Life Insurance. Among the first time recruiters, prominent organizations like McNROE, Welspun, HFCL and SKF visited the campus for the first time to hire students.
Industrial Relations sector
Industrial Relations sector emerged as a critical domain as far as the placement season is concerned. The top companies who hired students for roles in industrial relations include Ultratech¸ Aditya Birla Group, HCCBPL, BPCL, Metso, Tata Steel and ACG Worldwide
Corporate HR roles
Like every year, a number of firms visiting the campus for placement sessions offered roles in Corporate HR profile. The key recruiters in this domain include Wipro, ITC Infotech, Capgemini, Deloitte, Manipal Group, Asian Paints, Congnizant, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Right Management and others.
Despite the tough market conditions and worsening macro-economic factors, the positive trends showcased in the XIMB Placement Report 2018 for both MBA – BM and MBA HRM programmes; exhibits the trust that industry places in the quality of management education offered by the B-school.
For more placement reports of other premier B-schools and other news related to MBA, please visit www.jagranjosh.com/mba.