AAI received 45 proposals under Regional Connectivity Scheme

The Regional Connectivity Scheme was launched by Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju on 21 October 2016.

Created On: Jan 19, 2017 11:46 ISTModified On: Jan 19, 2017 14:56 IST

udan regional connectivity scheme=The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation on 18 January 2017 announced that the AAI received 45 proposals under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) till 16 January 2017, the deadline for submitting proposals.

The Airports Authority of India (AAI), which is implementing the RCS, received these 45 proposals from 11 bidders covering 65 airports and more than 200 routes.

Out of the 65 airports, 52 airports are un-served and 13 are under-served airports as per the provisions of the scheme.

After scrutinising the proposals, the routes and networks will be awarded to the bidders who quoted the lowest requirement of Viability Gap Funding (VGF).

Top 300 CA eBook

Key features of Regional Connectivity Scheme

•    The Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) is also called as Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN).

Union Government launched UDAN for Regional Air Connectivity

•    It seeks to achieve twin objectives of promoting balanced regional growth and making flying affordable for masses.

•    RCS is a key component of the National Civil Aviation Policy 2016. It was unveiled by the government on 15 June 2016. The UDAN will be in operation for a period of 10 years.

•    It envisages connectivity to un-served and under-served regions of the country through revival of existing airstrips and airports.

•    This would be achieved through a financial stimulus in the form of Central and State government concessions as well as Viability Gap Funding (VGF) to the interested airlines to kick-off operations from such airports.

Union Government, Maharashtra Government and AAI sign MoU on Regional Connectivity Scheme

•    The fare for a one hour journey of approximately 500 km on a fixed wing aircraft or for a 30 minute journey on a helicopter would be capped at Rs 2500 under the scheme.

•    The State Governments are also partners in the scheme.

•    About 80 per cent of the subsidy will be collected by charging a levy of up to Rs 8500 on each departing flight of domestic airlines. The rest 20 per cent will come from the respective State governments.

Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app

एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप

AndroidIOS

Related Stories

Comment (0)

Post Comment

9 + 7 =
Post
Disclaimer: Comments will be moderated by Jagranjosh editorial team. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant will not be published. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.

    Monthly Current Affairs PDF

    • Current Affairs PDF October 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF September 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF August 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF July 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF June 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF May 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF April 2021
    • Current Affairs PDF March 2021
    View all

    Monthly Current Affairs Quiz PDF

    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF October 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF September 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF August 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF July 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF June 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF May 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF April 2021
    • Current Affairs Quiz PDF March 2021
    View all