Aruna Sethi, the Principal Adviser (Cost), on 1 February 2016 took over charge as the head of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS). With this appointment, she became the first woman to occupy the post.
Prior to the present elevation, Aruna, a 1985 batch ICoAS officer, held important portfolios in Government of India including Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defence etc.
About Indian Cost Accounts Service
• It is one of the six organized accounting services of the Government of India.
• It is comparatively young accounting service constituted in 1978.
• The ICoAS Officers have the requisite skill by virtue of their professional background and experience gained in managing the multifarious and complex issues relating to financial and cost management matters.
• Office of Chief Adviser Cost is one of the divisions functioning in the Department of Expenditure.
• It is a professional body staffed by qualified Cost/ Chartered Accountants.
• This Office is responsible for advising the Ministries and Government Undertakings on cost accounts matters and to undertake cost investigation work on their behalf.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App