The People's President: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: S M Khan
Vice President Hamid Ansari on 4 January 2017 released a book titled The People's President: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. The book was released at a function in New Delhi which was attended by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
About The People's President: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
• It was written by S M Khan, a senior Indian Information Service (IIS) officer.
• SM Khan also worked as the press secretary to the late APJ Abdul Kalam.
• The book primarily captures visits of Kalam to various states in India and trips abroad in the course of his presidency.
• The most important visit mentioned in the book is Kalam’s visit to Gujarat in 2002 in the aftermath of riots.
• The book culminates with the author’s last poignant meeting with Dr Kalam just a few days before his passing away.
Some of the books written by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
• Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
• Ignited Minds
• My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions
• You are Born to Blossom: Take My Journey Beyond
• Turning Points: A Journey through Challenges
• Governance for Growth in India
• Forge your Future
• Reignited: Scientific Pathways to a Brighter Future
• Inspiring Thoughts (Inspiring Thoughts Quotation Series)
• Indomitable Spirit
• Inspiring Thoughts
• Beyond 2020
• The Scientific Indian: A Twenty-First Century Guide To The World Around Us
Where: New Delhi
When: 4 January 2017
First International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ held in Mohali
UAE to double women’s representation in Federal National Council to 50 per cent
FAO Council approves India’s proposal to observe 2023 as International Year of Millets
Government notifies four commonly used medical devices as drugs