Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park, passed away on 20 July 2017 in California, U.S. He was 41.
Bennington apparently hanged himself, which lead to his death.
About Chester Bennington
• Born on 20 March 1976, Chester Bennington was an American singer and songwriter.
• He was best known as the frontman for the rock band Linkin Park.
• He was also the lead singer for Dead by Sunrise and fronted Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015.
• He first gained prominence as a vocalist following the release of Linkin Park's debut album, Hybrid Theory, in 2000.
• In 2005, he formed his own band, Dead by Sunrise, as a side project. The band's debut album, Out of Ashes, was released on 13 October 2009.
• He has been ranked in the Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists by Hit Parader.
About Linkin Park
• Linkin Park, an American rock band from Agoura Hills, California, was formed in 1996.
• Having adapted nu metal and rap metal to a radio-friendly yet densely layered style in Hybrid Theory and Meteora, the band explored other genres in their next studio album, Minutes to Midnight. The album topped the Billboard charts and had the third-best debut week of any album that year.
• In 2003, MTV2 named Linkin Park the sixth-greatest band of the music video era and the third-best of the new millennium.
• The band has sold over 70 million albums worldwide and has won two Grammy Awards.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports