First Citizen: Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan: published by The Week Magazine
A coffee-table book titled First Citizen: Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan was released on 2 July 2014 at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. The book’s first copy was received by Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India.
The book has been published by The Week Magazine and was released by Dr. Karan Singh in the presence of Pranab Mukherjee and Philip Mathew, the Managing Editor of The Week.
The foreword of the book has been written by the President in which he has written about The Raisina Hill and the buildings in and around Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The coffee-table book is a compilation of articles that were published in The Week under the column titled First Citizen from January 2013 to May 2014. The book covers
• Initiatives of President to reach out to citizens on issues concerning them
• President’s tours across the country and abroad
• The new initiatives taken to open up the doors of the Rashtrapati Bhavan to the common citizen
• The ceremonies associated with the Presidency, the Kitchen and others
The book also includes
• Never before seen archival photographs of former Presidents from the Rashtrapati Bhavan collection
• Interesting news snippets of information
• Three articles authored by the President on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Rabindranath Tagore and Swami Vivekananda which were published in The Week
About The Week
The Week is one of India's leading news-magazines and is published by the Malayala Manorama Group, the 125th Anniversary celebrations of which were inaugurated by the President of India at Kottayam in 2013. The Week has been in publication since 1982.
When: on 2 July 2014
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy