The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like ASEAN summit, extension of India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highways and 2016 MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction among others.
• The theme of the 2016 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit that concluded recently is - Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community
• The host city of the 2016 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit was - Vientiane, Laos
• The bank that recently introduced the Software Robotics for power banking operations is - ICICI Bank
• Majuli recently became the first island district of India. Majuli is located in – Assam
• The Indian women cricketer who was recently awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club is - Anjum Chopra
• Sports person who was nominated for the Padma Bhushan, India's third-highest civillian honour by Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) is - Sushil Kumar, the two-time Olympic-medallist wrestler
• The novel that won 2016 MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction in the United Kingdom - Into the Hidden Valley authored by Stuart Blackburn
• NASA’s spacecraft that was launched to collect samples from an asteroid and return them to Earth in hopes of learning more about the origins of life - OSIRIS-REx
• Gujarat Governor OP Kohli today took additional charge of the Governor of - Madhya Pradesh
• Indian powerlifter who finished fourth in the men's 49kg category at Rio Paralympics - Farman Basha
• Bombay High Court asked the Maharashtra government to undertake measures on a warfooting to keep the beaches safe as during ongoing immersion of Ganesh idols in - Arabian sea
• Government has approved subsidized helicopter services in ten sectors of - Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh
• India proposed a joint task force on connectivity in India-ASEAN Region to work on extension of India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highways to - Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
• Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani dedicated 2 mbps download and 512 kbps upload digital connectivity to - 6000 villages
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.