Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of August 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Usain Bolt
(ii) Mare Dibaba
(iii) Dilip Vengsarkar
(iv) Aditi Chauhan
(v) Tejinder Pal Singh
(vi) Aziz Haqqani
(vii) Tiju Thomas
(viii) Ratan P Watal
(ix) LC Goyal
(x) Amol Palekar
2. If India has to become a superpower then it has first attain the goal of energy security. Critically examine this statement in the context of India Energy Security Scenario 2047, Version 2.0 released by the NITI Aayog.
3. Sustainable Development Goals though noble are over-populated with unnecessary indicators. Do you agree? Yes or No! Support your argument bringing out the major goals and indicators enumerated therein.
4. Evidence proves that death penalty across the world has not acted as deterrent. Discuss the statement in light of the Law Commission report.
5. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) ‘Thari Pension, Thare Pass’ Scheme
(ii) Call to Action Summit 2015
(iii) BRIDGE Programme
(iv) THSD7A gene
(v) LADEE Spacecraft
(vi) SHEFROL technology
(vii) Typhoon Soudelor
(viii) Pay U Money
(ix) Domestic Systemically Important Banks
(x) Nai Manzil scheme
6. Reducing tropical deforestation is a sizeable and low-cost option for mitigating climate change. Examine the statement in light of the recently released report on the future of tropical deforestation from 2016-2050.
7. Banning the Santhara tradition of Jainism is interfering with the Right to Religious Freedom enshrined in the Constitution of India. Analyse.
8. Briefly discuss the following in not than 125 words
(i) Naga Peace Accord and its implication
(ii) Key elements of Census 2011 on Religious Population
(iii) GSLV-D6 and Cryogenic engine
(iv) Strategic importance of New Suez Canal
(v) India-UAE relations and National Security