Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of March 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Write short note on following personalities in not more than 50 words.
(i) Amitav Ghosh
(ii) Akhil Sharma
(iii) Madhav Gadgil
(iv) Joh F Nash Jr
(v) Rajendra Singh
(vi) Aditi Arya
(vii) Narayanbhai Desai
(viii) Shashi Kapoor
(ix) Vikas Swarup
(x) David Hale
2. Critically analyse the situation in Yemen and how it will impact the Indian economy.
3. Reserve Bank of India and Union Government signed an agreement on Monetary Policy Framework envisaging Inflation targeting as the new basis for monetary policy. Examine the development in context of developing nature of the Indian economy and how far it will help address the twin objective of price stability and economic growth.
4. Write notes on following in not more than 100 words
(i) PRAGATI as a grievance redressal platform
(ii) e-Kranti and Governance in India
(iii) Decoupling of CO2 emission and economic growth
(iv) Air pollution in China and steps taken to address it
(v) New norms for listing and trading of municipal bonds
5. Supreme Court struck down the Section 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 terming it as unconstitutional. Evaluate the judgment in context of frequent use of this section to curb freedom of speech. Support your argument with relevant cases.
6. Write short note on following scientific developments in not more than 75 words
(i) Dawn Spacecraft
(iii) National Supercomputing Mission
(v) IRNSS 1-D
7. Briefly discuss on following
(i) Major highlights of the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015
(ii) Major highlights of the Repealing and Amending Bill, 2014
(iii) Major highlights of the Appropriation Acts (Repealing) Bill, 2015
8. “Issues pertaining to land acquisition are the major obstacle in economic development of India.” Do you agree or is it the other way round? Discuss.