Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of November 2015 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Ahmed Adeeb
(ii) Samia Suluhu
(iii) Mauricio Macri
(iv) Sameer Panda
(v) Tyson Fury
(vi) Anju Bobby George
(vii) Sadanand Singh
(viii) P Uday Bhaskar
(ix) Patricia Scotland
(x) Raghuram Rajan
2. Discuss on following in not more than 50 words
(i) Orange the World event and Violence against Women.
(ii) “At the present pace, it will take another 118 years to achieve gender equality.” In this light, critically analyse the Beijing Platform for Action and its achievement.
3. Write on following in 200 words:
(i) TK Viswanathan Committee
(ii) UDAY Scheme
(iii) Technology Acquisition and Development Fund
4. ‘The 7th Pay Commission will increase the burden on the government finances and is demoralizing for para-military forces.” Examine the statement by providing salient recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.
5. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Operation Inherent Resolve
(ii) IPV Injections and Global Polio Endgame Strategy
(iii) Antibiotic Resistance
(iv) Gyan Setu
(v) Mission Innovation
(vi) Breakthrough Energy Coalition
(vii) Anticipate, Absorb, Reshape Initiative
(viii) Tree frog Ghatixalus magnus
(ix) Burst Prevention & Puncture Curative technology
(x) Kosmos 2510 satellite
6. ASEAN Summit 2015 saw the signing of declaration for forming an ASEAN Economic Community by December 2015. In this light bring out the strategic advantages, if any, to India and what ramifications it can have for such economic blocks like European Union.
7. Yuan was included in the Special Drawing Rights (SDR) basket in November 2015. In this light discuss
(i) What is SDR?
(ii) What are the criterions to get included into SDR?
(iii) What are the implications of inclusion of Chinese Yuan into SDR?