Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of September 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Abdul Bari Siddiqui
(ii) P Siva Kumar
(iii) Sourav Ganguly
(iv) Jagmohan Dalmiya
(v) Dee Patel
(vi) Jeremy Corbyn
(vii) Ashok-Alexander Sridharan
(viii) Praveen Dixit
(ix) Yogi Berra
(x) Sherif Ismail
2. The adoption of Constitution by Nepal government instead of putting the people together has in fact divided the people of Nepal. Critically analyse the statement and also bring out India’s response to the issue.
3. Emerging-economy policymakers can boost innovation and spur growth by building on local strengths and ensuring the development of a sound national innovation environment. In this light discuss the main highlights of Global Innovation Index (GII) 2015 and comment upon India’s performance in GII 2015.
4. Europe is facing the worst crisis since World War-II in form of huge influx of refugees across the Mediterranean Sea. Examine.
5. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Black Mamba Anti-Poaching Unit
(ii) India-US-Japan trilateral talks
(iii) Nawaz Sharif’s 4-point peace plan with India
(iv) BeiDou Navigation system
(v) SafePay prototype system
(vi) Asteroid Redirect Mission
(vii) Hybrid Vacuum Toilet
(viii) Visible Light Communication
(ix) SERVIR-Mekong Project
6. A study predicts that 99 percent of the world’s seabird species will be ingesting plastic by 2050 if current marine pollution trends continue. Bring out the magnitude of the threat posed by marine pollution and suggest solutions for it.
7. RBI reduced the repo rate by 50 basis points in its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy announced in September 2015. What was the rationale for it? Do you think, it would help improve ht investment environment in India?
8. Briefly discuss the following in not than 125 words
(ii) NSSO 68th Round on Status of Education & Vocational Training in India
(iii) Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission and Rural Development
(iv) One Year of Mission on Mars (MOM)
(v) Uneven Monsoon and Indian Economy