Current Affairs Quiz: 27 April 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day, world's longest living space telescope and world immunization week among others.
27 April 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day, world's longest living space telescope and world immunization week among others.
1. Which among the following sectors was India’s top exporting sector for the first time during the 2019-2020 fiscal year?
2. Which among the following medical universities have become the first government one to successfully launch plasma therapy for COVID-19 treatment?
a)King George Medical University
b)All India Institute of Medical Sciences
c)Rajiv Gandhi Medical College
d)Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education
3. Which among the following nations recently ended death penalty for crimes committed by minors?
4. When is the World Intellectual Property Day observed?
5. When is the International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day observed?
6. When is the world immunization week observed?
a)First week of May
b)Second week of April
c)Third week of April
d)Last week of April
7. Which among the following space telescopes celebrated 30 years of its launch on April 24, 2020?
8. What was the theme of World Malaria Day 2020?
a)Malaria No More
b)Ready to beat malaria
c)Zero Malaria Starts with me
d)End Malaria For Good"
India’s Chemicals, Petrochemicals industry was the top exporting sector of the nation for the first time during April 2019 and January 2020 period. India’s chemical exports rose by 7 per cent to Rs 2.68 lakh crore during the period.
2.(a)King George Medical University
The King George Medical University in Lucknow has become the first government hospital in the country to successfully launch Plasma Therapy Treatment for COVID-19.
Saudi Arabia has now abolished death penalty for crimes committed by minors. The individual will now receive prison sentence of no longer than 10 years in a juvenile detention facility.
4.(b) April 26th
The World Intellectual Property Day was observed on April 26, 2020 to encourage creativity and innovation. The day was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000. The theme of the day this year is “Innovate for Green Future”.
The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day was observed on April 26, 2020. The day, proclaimed by the United Nations, was first observed in 2016, on the 30th anniversary of Chernobyl nuclear disaster. The day is observed to increase awareness about the risks of nuclear energy.
6.(d) Last week of April
The last week of April is observed as the World Immunization Week every year. The week is observed to increase awareness regarding immunization. This year, the theme of the week is “vaccines for all”.
NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope celebrated 30 years of its launch on April 24, 2020. Hubble is one of the longest living Space Telescopes in the world. The Hubble Telescope had first detected the evidence of existence of black holes in the centre of the galaxy.
8.(b)Zero Malaria Starts with me
The World Malaria Day was observed on April 25, 2020 with the theme ‘Zero Malaria Starts with me’. The World Malaria Day was established by the World Health Organization at its 60th session in 2007.