Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Secretary-General of the United Nations, 2016 Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith and 14th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas Convention among others.
1. Andhra Pradesh Government launched the NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme to provide the medical treatment for the Above Poverty Line families on payment of monthly premium of how much amount per head?
a) Rs. 50
b) Rs. 25
c) Rs. 98
d) Rs. 100
2. Who was appointed as the Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission?
a) Alka Sirohi
b) Deepak Kumar
c) David R Syiemlieh
d) None of the above
3. The Supreme Court recently sacked Anurag Thakur and Ajay Shirke from their posts in BCCI. They served as
a) Secretary and President of BCCI respectively
b) President and Secretary of BCCI respectively
c) President and Joint Secretary of BCCI respectively
d) Vice President and Secretary of BCCI respectively
4. Who of the following recently took over as the ninth Secretary-General of the United Nations?
a) Antonio Guterres
b) Ban Ki-moon
c) Luis Ayala
d) George Papandreou
5. Who was appointed as the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of the Indian Army recently?
a) Bipin Rawat
b) Vikram Singh Rathore
c) Velu Nair
d) Birender Singh
6. India’s first transgender school Sahaj International opened in which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
7. Who were chosen for the 2016 Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith?
a) Yogita Yadav and Arunabh Saurav
b) Om Naagar and Tasneem Khan
c) Shraddha and Ghyansham Kumar Devansh
d) Amlendu Tiwari and Balram Kawant
8. Which Indian-origin British professor was honoured with the Queen Elizabeth II Knighthood?
a) Nandini Koel
b) Kamaldeep Begol
c) Richard Varma
d) Shankar Balasubramanian
9. Name the member of Pakistan's first-ever cricket Test team who died in last week of December 2016.
a) Imtiaz Ahmed
b) Anwar Hussain
c) Amir Elahi
d) Fazal Mahmood
10. Who will head the Committee that was constituted for Improvement in National Sports Development Code and Functioning of National Sports Federations?
a) Secretary (Sports)
b) Secretary (Home)
c) Anurag Thakur
d) Vijay Goel
11. The 14th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas Convention will open on 7 January 2017 in ________.
12. Name the Indian-origin Saudi-based entrepreneur who was appointed Major General of Kyrgyzstan in recent past.
a) Shaikh Rafik Mohammed
b) Ali Mirza
c) Saliyevich Bakiyev
d) None of the above
13. Which British Indian received knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in New Year’s Honours?
a) Neena Gill
b) Hardip Singh Begol
c) Shankar Balasubramanian
d) Kamaldeep Singh Bhui
14. Trash skimmers have been deployed in some Indian cities to clear the surface of which river?
15. The Supreme Court ruled that no politician can seek vote in the name of caste, creed or religion. Consider the following statements in context of the verdict.
I. The verdict was delivered by the five-bench Constitution bench of the court.
II. The bench was headed by Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar.
III. It held that election is a secular exercise and its way and process should be followed.
Which is/are correct?
Only I and II
Only I and III
I, II and III
1. (d) Rs. 100
2. (c) David R Syiemlieh
3. (b) President and Secretary of BCCI respectively
4. (a) Antonio Guterres
5. (a) Bipin Rawat
6. (b) Kerala
7. (c) Shraddha and Ghyansham Kumar Devansh
8. (d) Shankar Balasubramanian
9. (a) Imtiaz Ahmed
10. (a) Secretary (Sports)
11. (a) Bengaluru
12. (a) Shaikh Rafik Mohammed
13. (c) Shankar Balasubramanian
15. (a) Only III