The Delhi Assembly on 10 August 2017 passed two amended Bills- Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill 2017 and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) Bill, 2017.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) Bill, 2017
• The NSIT Bill, 2017 aims to give the Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology the status of a university.
• Once the Bill becomes Act, the NSIT will become facilitator, a centre for integrated learning, a research centre and support for incubation.
• The bill carries an additional change regarding the appointing authority in the university.
Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill 2017
• The Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill, 2017 aims to hike minimum wages of the workers in the state.
• The Bill includes strict penalties on employers who did not pay minimum wages to their workers.
• It enhances the penalty for non-payment of minimum wages from Rs 500 to Rs 50000.
• It increases the jail term of nonpayer to up to three years from the current six months.
What: Passed by Delhi Assembly
When: 10 August 2017
Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana: Delhi Government launches Free Pilgrimage Scheme for senior citizens
Railways Ministry, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum sign MoU to foster tourism in Delhi NCR
Delhi’s Signature Bridge: All you need to know
Delhi Metro Pink Line: Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake - Shiv Vihar section opens for public