The US President-elect Donald Trump on 14 December 2016 appointed PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi to his Strategic and Policy Forum.
In this position, Indra Nooyi will advise Trump on policy measures to improve job opportunities and productivity in the industry.
Trump will sworn-in as the 45th President of the USA on 20 January 2017.
About Strategic and Policy Forum
• Donald Trump announced the formation of this forum on 11 December 2016.
• Its primary responsibility is to give policy inputs to the transition team in implementing the economic agenda of the Trump.
• It has 19 members representing various sectors of the economy.
• Indra Nooyi is the only Indian-American executive included in the forum.
• The forum is headed by Stephen Schwarzman. He is the CEO of the Blackstone Group.
• Other prominent members of the group are - Jack Welch (Ex-CEO of General Electric), Elon Musk (CEO of SpaceX and Tesla) and Travis Kalanick (Co-founder of Uber).
Who is Indra Nooyi?
• Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi is an Indian-born business executive. At present, she is a citizen of the USA.
• She is the Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo, which is the second-largest food and beverage company in the world in terms of net revenue.
• She is an alumna of Madras Christian College, IIM Calcutta and Yale School of Management.
• Prior to PepsiCo, she worked in Johnson & Johnson, Boston Consulting Group and Motorola.
• She joined the PepsiCo in 1994. In 2001 she became the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the company and in 2006 she was elevated to the position of CEO.
• Forbes magazine included her in the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women for seven consecutive years starting from 2008.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App