Internationally co-produced adventure drama film Embrace of the Serpent on 30 November 2015 was awarded with the Golden Peacock Award for the Best Film at the 46th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), Goa.
The Best Film Award comprises the Golden Peacock and a citation with prize money of 40 lakhs rupees to be shared between the Director and the Producer of the movie.
• The film is produced by Christina Gallego and directed by Ciro Guerra.
• The film depicts the first contact, encounter, approach, betrayal and eventually life transcending friendship between Amazonian shaman Karamakate and two scientists.
• The film is shot in the Amazonian rain forest in richly detailed black and white cinematography.
IFFI Winners 2015
• The Best Director award went to Peter Greenaway for the film Eisenstein in Guanajuato.
• The Best Actor (Male) went to Vincent Lindon for his portrayal of a laid off factory worker Thierry Taogourdeau in the film The Measure of a Man.
• The Best Actor (Female) award was shared by Gunes Sensoy, Doga Doguslu, Tugba Sunguroglu, Elit Iscan and Ilyada Akdogan for portrayal of role of five young orphaned sisters in the Turkish fim Mustang.
• The Special Jury Award went to the Spanish film Sealed Cargo directed by Julia Vargas.
• The Serbian film Enclave directed by Goran Radovanovic got the Special Mention Award.
• The Russian film maker, actor and head of Russian Cinematographers’ Union Nikita Mikhalkov was conferred upon the Lifetime Achievement Award.
• The ICFT – UNESCO Fellini Medal was awarded to Kaushik Ganguly’s Cinemawala that focuses on the sad state of single screen cinema halls in West Bengal.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 30 November 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.