International icon Priyanka Chopra will be receiving the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award on 1 June 2017 in an awards ceremony conducted in Mumbai.
The star would be given the award under the newly introduced category- 'Internationally Acclaimed Actress' for her great work on the International platform.
Speaking on the occasion, Dadasaheb Phalke Academy and Award Committee chairman Ganesh Jain said that Priyanka’s hard and sincere efforts have helped her place herself on an international platform with grace. He added that she is representing India at a global level and that has made every Indian proud of her work and that is what compelled them to introduce this fresh category in the awards.
Priyanka’s mother Madhu Chopra will also be honoured at the occasion with the ‘Best Film’ award for her maiden production Ventilator – a Marathi family drama, which won trophies in three categories at the National Awards earlier this year.
The event is expected to be attended by several Bollywood celebrities including Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Nitesh Tiwari and Kapil Sharma.
The board of trustees for Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards include Johny Lever, Pahlaj Nihalani, Mithun Chakraborty and TP Agrawal.
About Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards
• Founded in 2000, the awards ceremony has been honouring talent from the Hindi and regional film industry.
• It acknowledges 22 different crafts of the industry right from make-up artists to spot boys.
• It is organised by a non-monetary foundation and Academy for films and acting.
• The awards were last held in 2014 when veteran actor Jeetendra was honoured with a Phalke Ratna award.
• This year, the event will be held at Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle West in Mumbai.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.