Google Celebrates Champions Trophy 2017 with an interactive game
ICC Champions Trophy 2017 is scheduled to begin in England and Google is celebrating the beginning of the tournament with an engaging doodle game.
Google on 1 June 2017 marked the beginning of the eight-nation ICC Champions Trophy 2017 with an addictive doodle game.
Google’s interactive and highly engaging game involves crickets (insects) on the batting side and snails in the bowling team. The users can play the game versus the snails.
Featuring eight best one-day international teams in the world, ICC Champions Trophy 2017 would begin at the Oval in London at 3 pm Indian Standard Time.
• The opening match would be played between the hosts England and Bangladesh.
• India’s first match in the tournament would be with arch-rival Pakistan on 4th June at Edgbaston.
• India, the defending Champions have won both their warm-up games.
• The eight teams playing in the tournament have been divided into two groups, A and B.
• While group A consists of England, Bangladesh, Australia and New Zealand, group B comprises India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa.
• The final of the Champions Trophy will be played on the 18th of June.
This is probably the first time that West Indies is not a part of the tournament, as it was not ranked among the top eight teams in the ICC Team Rankings.
For India, the tournament would be crucial, especially its first match against Pakistan given the rising tension between the two nations, especially with the latest announcement by Sports Minister Vijay Goel that ruled out the possibility of a bilateral cricket series between them.
Another worrisome aspect for team India is the ongoing tussle between skipper Virat Kohli and coach Anil Kumble. It is still unclear whether Kumble would continue to hold the post or someone new would take over.