Jagran Josh Logo

GVK BIO and Aragen Bioscience signed Definitive Agreement to acquire Aragen Bioscience

Jan 30, 2014 14:14 IST

GVK BIO on 29 January 2014 announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Aragen Bioscience an US based pre-clinical Contract Research Organisation (CRO) by buying of 65 percent stakes of the firm. GVK has signed an agreement with the firm to acquire the rest 35 percent of stakes over next two years. The Aragen specialises in high-value biologists services. The agreement between GVK Biosciences (GVK BIO) and Aragen Bioscience, Inc. was reached on 22 January 2014.

image
The Hyderabad based GVK Bio said that it has entered into an agreement to acquire the capital stock of Aragen Biosciences. This is the first overseas acquisition by GVK Bio and the amount of the acquisition has not been disclosed. It is possible that this acquisition will help in scaling up the expertise of GVK to large-molecule research and development services and biotech products.

About GVK BIO
GVK Biosciences (GVK BIO) is one of the leading Discovery Research and Development organizations of Asia. It provides services across the R&D and manufacturing value chain with a focus on speed and quality. Capabilities of GVK BIO
• Discovery Research
• Discovery Services
• Clinical Development
• Contract Manufacturing
• Formulations and Informatics

About Aragen Bioscience

Aragen Bioscience, Inc. is a privately held contract research organization and is based in San Francisco Bay Area. It offers a diverse set of services for the discovery, characterization, activity assessment and early development of biologic and diagnostic products. Aragen and its predecessor, Sierra BioSource is operating in San Francisco Bay Area since 1993. Services Include:
• Cell Line Development
• Molecular Biology
• BioProduction
• Process Development
• Protein Chemistry
• Hybridoma Development
• Cell Based Assays
• In Vivo Services

image

Is this article important for exams ? Yes17 People Agreed

DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • ajax-loader
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

Newsletter Signup
Follow us on
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK