Acclaimed Italian actress Virna Lisi died on 18 December 2014. She was 78. Famed in 1960s for appearing opposite stars like Frank Sinatra, Lisi carved a successful career in Hollywood.
Lisi is now survived by a son, Corrado Pesci and three grandchildren.
About Virna Lisa Pieralisi
• She was born in Ancona near Adriatic coast on 8 November 1936
• She won best actress at Cannes for 1994 French historical epic La Reine Margot
• She won several other awards like David di Donatello (presented by The Academy of Italian Cinema), Nastro d'Argento (also known as Silver Ribbon (it is given by Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists)) and Cesar award (national film award of France)
• She debuted in Italian film industry with La corda d'acciaio (The line of steel, 1953) and further starred in several movies like E Napoli canta (Napoli sings, 1953) and the successful Questa è la vita (1954, with the popular Totò)
• She debuted in Hollywood with How To Murder Your Wife (1965) and other films include Not with My Wife, You Don't! (1966), Assault on a Queen (1966), The Secret of Santa Vittoria, The 25th Hour
• In 2004, she was awarded an honorary Italian Golden Globe award in recognition of her cinematic achievements